Tyres - advice/experience/recommendations

Grant

I sense you have still not quite recovered. Remember, healing takes time.

Cheers for the input mate, when you say lethal, do you mean under spirited driving, or regular?

No they OK tootling about n what not. Just slightest Jab at the pokey pedal and they spin up

I've had Falken ZE912's in 16" and 17" and they grip really well, in dry and wet also and will stick with these in the future as well.

But to return to the original subject, i was recommended 195/50's, by a racing company, when asking around for optimal tracks tires for my mc2. So i'd guess it's a pretty good size handling concerned for the street also!

• Like 1

I've had Falken ZE912's in 16" and 17" and they grip really well, in dry and wet also and will stick with these in the future as well.

But to return to the original subject, i was recommended 195/50's, by a racing company, when asking around for optimal tracks tires for my mc2. So i'd guess it's a pretty good size handling concerned for the street also!

Yeah smaller side wall so less "roll" from the tyre in the corners! Just harder on the streets when you hit bumps but it's always a compromise between comfort and performance!  

Cheers for that mate. :-)

Yeah smaller side wall so less "roll" from the tyre in the corners! Just harder on the streets when you hit bumps but it's always a compromise between comfort and performance!

Yeah it is mate. But I think as said above, price wise, availability and PROs outweigh the slight decrease in ride comfort.

Cheers for that mate. :smile:

Yeah it is mate. But I think as said above, price wise, availability and PROs outweigh the slight decrease in ride comfort.

Yep! If you're still going with the coilovers I bet you can set them a notch softer if it matters enough!  

• 3 weeks later...