Steve's MB2 - MG ZS Trim installed at last (Pics page 3)

casasteve

Search ebay for 'Honda fender washers' there's a company called super GT supply packs of 5 fender washers and bolts in various colours for £5 3 packs will do both wings and all the bolts along the slam panel, headlights, ac rad etc., etc. Quite a bit cheaper than the skunk2 ones.

Right, well ordered some GT bolts as above.  I've gone with simple black.  It's not a flashy car, and I intend to go with muted colours where ever I can (maybe the odd highlight).  I figure there's no point putting bright red lipstick on a pig  :grin:

My new centre console arrived and I like it.  The gear gator and surround has fag burns all over, but the rest is in great condition.  I'm not too worried about the gator, I'll just re-use my own for now.  I need to find two additional screws as this has two extra vs mine.  Are these easy to get hold of?  I guess a trip to B&Q or something!

Black and silver works nicely. :)

My thoughts exactly :)

I just ordered some mist washer jets and keeping an eye on matching MG ZS trim parts in a nice silver/grey colour.  I'll be getting rid of the wood grain asap :D  

Then, I'd like to do something about the rear wiper... Are there any known mods to make the thing work better?  I find it's a bit poor.  Maybe a slightly longer wiper blade?  I plan to replace it with a flat/aero blade.  I wondered if there are any arm replacements from other cars that work with the MB?  Wishful thinking maybe.

So today's task is finding some new front tyres.  I have a slow puncture on the passenger side and it's annoying me.  I was going to try and buy new wheels, but I think I just need to concentrate on other things (like cam belt change!).

Looking for 185/60 R14 82H, these are my main options:

kYBZF25.jpg

I'm thinking the Yoko's, but not just because they're cheapest ;)  They seem to get good reviews.  Any other recommendations?

Also, I cleaned up my new centre console/arm rest last night. Looking forward to fitting that, but waiting for a replacement passenger side seatbelt clasp to arrive in the next day or two.

Also booked into the Ramp and Wrench place tomorrow night to finally do the brake discs/pads/bleed, oil change, transmission fluid change and anything else that I can think of while I'm there.

Don't think anyone has done anything with the arm? Aero wiper seems to be the way forward!

I might try a slightly longer one, see what happens lol.  I think I have a 15" blade right now, may try 16".