Steve's MB2 - MG ZS Trim installed at last (Pics page 3)

casasteve

Thanks :)  I plan to try and get the coolant reserve reservoir bracket off, as I had issues yesterday.  Then there are a few other bits and bobs I missed.  I'm hunting out some replacement manifold bolts (I believe they are 8mm with a 1.25 pitch from what I've read) as one of the heads on mine almost rounded out and the heads on all of them are very corroded.

I also noticed that the coolant reserve was empty, so I need to check how much fluid is in the radiator and get that all topped up.  Is the Halfords OATS stuff fine to use?  I noticed my Honda manual states to use Honda specific (as you'd expect it too) but it mentions aluminium parts and making sure it's the right fluid.  Any other recommendations on this front?

Another thing for the list is to give the headlights a polish as they're a bit faded/discoloured.  I also need to get the side repeaters swapped.  I had a go at getting one off the other day and may have actually damaged the wing slightly in my efforts.  Still couldn't get the damned thing off!  I was trying the credit card trick, but I need to work on my technique ;)

Great job in the engine bay mate. .one of the best activities. .I did most of my brackets. . Only a couple left that I would still want to spray. .makes such a massive difference and freshens up the engine bay really nicely. . Seems like you got all the right plans. . Looking forward to the pics once done :-)

I have a question...  What is this rusty part (I know, that narrows it down a lot :D) to the bottom left of this pic...  Left of what I assume is an exhaust gas sensor?  It's pretty corroded up so wondering what it is and whether it's something to replace at some point ;)

13517108165_77fb739c8e_c.jpg

Although, I think I'm going to need to buy a different 12v socket as I think the ash tray will hit the existing one, but we'll see I guess.  I'll probably be able to modify it somehow.

Yes, it covers it but I think the one I have, the actual removable part sticks out too much.  I guess I could just ditch that part as I'm not a smoker, all I need is the 12v socket :D