fyfie5

computer chair!

45 quid! I'd want the rest of the interior for that!

• Like 1

That is pretty cool :-)

45 quid! I'd want the rest of the interior for that!

tis quite expensive, there was also an accord full electric leather one and they had wired a little battery pack up so you could use all the electrics! was £150, all you would need after that is heated seats then you would never be off the computer haha!

Don't need heated computer chair, my "throne" as I call it gets hot enough as it is! Comfy as hell though!

As for making one, should be fairly easy! 

Yep its well easy to make one me n the guys i used to work with made 1 out of an old xr4i recaro n it looked awesome all you need is an old seat,some 2mm flat plate n some 25mm x 12mm box section n a welder job done just make sure u limit the recliner as it will tip lol as i found out

• Like 2

I remember ages ago someone made a sofa out of the back seats and that was for sale on ebay.

I remember ages ago someone made a sofa out of the back seats and that was for sale on ebay.

On Top Gear they use car seats! 

I was going to do this with mine but I'm running out of places to store stuff that I may never get round to.

I was going to do this with mine but I'm running out of places to store stuff that I may never get round to.

I've gained a little bit more space for stuff to be ignored :lol:

LOL quite a few years back my mate and i stole a seat out of my mk2 cavalier and made a racing seat for online racing, the steering wheel and gearstick and pedals and monitor all fitted to a small unit and the real car chair just finished off the experience

LOL quite a few years back my mate and i stole a seat out of my mk2 cavalier and made a racing seat for online racing, the steering wheel and gearstick and pedals and monitor all fitted to a small unit and the real car chair just finished off the experience

I'd love to do something like that! Maybe when I have my own place! 8-)

think im going to give it a go with my old seats, just need a t40 tool to get the rails off and will see how it goes from there

A mk2 cavalier seat? How many times did you fall out of it? ;)

• Like 1

A mk2 cavalier seat? How many times did you fall out of it? ;)

Last time I was in a Mk2 Cavalier I fell out of the seat too! Didn't help it was on its side in a ditch.......thanks dad! 

• Like 2

Last time I was in a Mk2 Cavalier I fell out of the seat too! Didn't help it was on its side in a ditch.......thanks dad!

They do usually end up there. Some hard cornering is enough to result in handbrake penetration though.

That'll leave a mark! 

All I know is I fell asleep as I used to do then woke up on the side of the road after being laid down there, saw the car on its side in the ditch with the trailer we were towing detached and the bar pointing precariously at the window where I had been sat! My dad fell asleep at the wheel! Luckily the trailers brakes engaged when the power was torn away! 

I was 6 or 7 years old at the time, never willingly fallen asleep in a car since.

Wow, probably best you were asleep. :o

Unfortunately yes! I've actually been afraid to fall asleep in a moving car ever since!

In actually made one of those years ago out of a Civic MB1 (pre-facelift SR) seat. Was excellent, although have to advise that they tend to be back heavy, so are prone to tipping backwards! Especially when you're not actually sitting in it, and just trying to move it.

Very very easy to make though, did mine in around an hour I think.

• Like 1

yeah I thought that, im going to try and centralise the weight or make it as far forward as I can so it doesn't tip over! 

we mounted our rails to a flat board affair and it did not tip or move at all..

• Like 1

we mounted our rails to a flat board affair and it did not tip or move at all..

I guess with that you can then position it so the centre of gravity is more central?

We have a new race simulation that has been released recently, been checking it at my mates he has it already, very realistic so when i do the interior in our MB3 i will have spare seats so may make another one for my set up here...