Farlow's VTI-S Aerodeck

Farlow

Wow, thanks for all the comments guys. It's good to know that some my my hard work is appreciated. Anyway here's a bit about the car.

I bought it last year to replace my aerodeck VTI that was fairly tired and needed to much work a little too much money spending on it. My thoughts were that the VTI-S is much more rare and has the body kit already fitted so I would be much more inclined to spend a little cash on it. Also the guy that was selling it told me it was in mint condition. I traveled from the north east all the way to Southampton only to find it was far from mint. It had car park dings all over the bodywork and scuffs on every single piece of the splitter kit. The rear bumper was damaged beyond repair and the front one had a few scuffs and scrapes. The headlights were badly faded and the interior was filthy.

It was however in good mechanical order and I got it for just over £1000 with the intention of making a good one out of two bad ones. I swapped every piece of interior and trim from my old car and fully cleaned everything else. I swapped all the mods including the wheels over also but the car still looked a bit rough.

Anyway I decided that I was going to go the the mimms honda day in it so I thought it best that I tidied it up a bit. I had all of the dings removed and the entire splitter kit, front and rear bumpers, all of the door trims and a mid spoiler that I bought off eBay resprayed. I also had the rear windows tinted and detailed the entire car from top to bottom.

As for mods, that will have to wait till next time as I've got loads to do and I'm back to work on night shift again tonight.

• Like 3

I almost forgot about the headlights, fortunately my first aerodeck had a brand new headlight fitted not long before I bought it. Unfortunately the other one was as badly faded as the ones on the new one. That meant I had very odd looking headlights so I treated it to a brand new oem honda item so that they now look as they did when it left the showroom.

• Like 1

Thats a hell of a storty mate! But im sure its made the bond with the car unbreakable now though!

What an arse describing it as mint when it wasnt though!

Does really show that youve given it some tlc!

How/who did you have get the dings out and are they now perfect?

Epic tail there mate! 

I initially looked at a VTi-S Deck but decided it needed too much to make right! Good on you for going through with it! Least you could swap bits off the other one! 

My hatch has ended up with everything bar the dashboard and carpet replaced inside! 

Thats a hell of a storty mate! But im sure its made the bond with the car unbreakable now though!

What an arse describing it as mint when it wasnt though!

Does really show that youve given it some tlc!

How/who did you have get the dings out and are they now perfect?

To be honest I don't think the guy had meant to rip me off, I think he thought that's genuinely what a car of that age should look like. He was selling it for an elderly relative and he looked as though he'd never owned a car more than a year old.

As for the dings, my partner works in the motor trade so we just used the guy that does all of the cars at the dealership where she works. I don't know his company name although I could find out for you, I'm pretty sure he only covers the north east of England though. He has done an excellent job to be fair as the car was riddled with them but due to that you can see some very slight creases in some of the more badly damaged panels. I've had my prelude done by the same guy and there is no trace of any of the dents whatsoever.