Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Are they amped up or just running off the standard wiring? Also did you just mount the tweeters to the flat wing mirror plastic or get the OEM pods?

Red filter then! Bet you've been hammering that up to the speed limit haven't you!? :D

Running off the standard wiring at the moment, trying to find a good 2 channel now to improve it further :)

Drilled the standard mirror triangles and flush mounted the tweeters to them, the component set I got gave me the option of proper tweeter pods or flush mounting them, so I went with the latter :)

Yeah red filter, got it for £11 off eBay, and yup I've done a few 0-30 runs and coupled with my exhaust it sounds insane on VTEC now, feels a lot more 'alive' and 'B series'-ish.. if that makes sense? Thanks for introducing the mod to me, and also the 22mm breather was still loose so like you suggested, tighten the hose clamp till theres no give whatsoever!

• Like 1

Looking good dude. Decent that s 2000 filter goes straight on nice!!.

if ya have a get together in Leicester again give me a shout please.. my mates are too grown up for local car meets :(

• Like 2

Running off the standard wiring at the moment, trying to find a good 2 channel now to improve it further :)

Drilled the standard mirror triangles and flush mounted the tweeters to them, the component set I got gave me the option of proper tweeter pods or flush mounting them, so I went with the latter :)

Yeah red filter, got it for £11 off eBay, and yup I've done a few 0-30 runs and coupled with my exhaust it sounds insane on VTEC now, feels a lot more 'alive' and 'B series'-ish.. if that makes sense? Thanks for introducing the mod to me, and also the 22mm breather was still loose so like you suggested, tighten the hose clamp till theres no give whatsoever!

Nice! I've got a component set sat at home I'm thinking of trying sometime! 

Glad you're happy with the filter set up! 8-)

Looking good dude. Decent that s 2000 filter goes straight on nice!!.

if ya have a get together in Leicester again give me a shout please.. my mates are too grown up for local car meets :(

If you don't mind a short stint up the M1 there's a classic car meet monthly just off J26 where IKEA is, that's always a good one! 

Try the component set, trust me it's a world of difference from standard but then you currently have some good speakers in there anyway so not sure if it'll be worth it for you? The installation wasn't as fiddly as I expected!

Absolutely in love with intake noise but unfortunately my wallet isn't. Burning through fuel like it's nothing on VTEC just to hear it now haha! This weather + non AC model EP3 is really crying out for some tinted windows, so I shall do that hopefully before Japfest1

I'll be getting my AC re-gassed next month I reckon, it works but isn't overly cold! 

I'm thinking of getting a four channel amp and a 10" sub, get the fronts amped up and see how it is, I have a component set new in its box from several years ago I can swap in if needs be! 

I'll be getting my AC re-gassed next month I reckon, it works but isn't overly cold! 

I'm thinking of getting a four channel amp and a 10" sub, get the fronts amped up and see how it is, I have a component set new in its box from several years ago I can swap in if needs be! 

That sounds like it'd be a really good setup, even without the components! And true if you have components laying around having fit new speakers in the EP3 before you shouldn't find it tough swapping them out!

Ahh I love the fact I haven't got AC cause weight saving and less cluttered engine bay but.. damn it gets hot inside!

Nice weather means nice times to cruise, had a slight issue where I had to re tighten the suspension and now it's all spot on! My ball joints have a bit of play though but nothing major, I'll try and get them sorted but they're not urgent apparently and I don't push the car that hard as I commute stop start traffic in London.

Japfest1 to do list

- CF bonnet on with aerocatches

- Tinted Windows (hopefully done by then)

- Ghetto refurb stock wheels

- Eibach camber bolts and FRSU

Will strikeout as each is done