Beasts Honda Civic 1.8 VTiS MB6 (Previously Nicks)

beastgtir

Cool, Whats the Renault like any good?

He has had one before the R26 230 Bhp version, had the typical Renault electrical issues but generally it was okay to drive. I haven't been for a drive in the one although the F1 edition is without LSD, can't imagine it to any good honestly. I was glad I didn't buy the R26 as I was looking to buy it originally, I think they are too flimsy and stock they are not very lively.

IMG_1247.jpgIMG_1243.jpg

Couple of bits arrived and done!

I will refurb the thread on the momo wheel (easy way is to clean it and use red permanent marker).

Still awaiting some climair deflectors,

Clutch will be fitted after I return from my holiday now. Came suprisngly quick, I only ordered it yesterday and they messaged me back asking for my reg to confirm that it was the right part for my car. Was here by midday! Some quick service and the price is amazing!

• Like 2

I got the clutch from ebay.

I have found that if you can find the part number for a clutch, just search using that and you get them a lot cheaper as most retailers list like this..

civic 95-01 clutch exedy hck2021 

Doing that I found the clutch for £101. (it was showing fitment for a b18c4 mc2, but I knew its the same fitment for mb6)

but searching for civic mb6 or civic vti or civic b series clutch, they were £140 +++

I also managed to get my friend a genuine exedy clutch for his civic type r which retail at £150 ish for £55 using the same method (by searching using the Exedy part number rather then searching using the car details)  applause.gif1

If anyone wants more information on the clutch seller, inbox me!

I was dubious at first but the clutch is 'exedy europe' as I read online that some of the cheaper ones are from American distributors and not as good as the European stuff. The bearing is 'koyo'.

The steering wheel I got off facebook, took a lot of time to arrive and the seller seemed very dodgy, he was making a lot of excuses about not being able to post it out. or that his mother sent it and he hasn't got a tracking number etc but it arrived finally. Not usually a fan of buying from facebook as soooo many crooks on it. Its in pretty good condition too with hardly any wear to it.

• Like 1

Finally got my friend to give me a hand fitting the steering as I didn't have those star keys to remove the screws.

Excuse the wheel it is slightly grubby as we done a couple of other things on the car too.

Had that awful squeal from the rear brakes, every time I would touch the brakes there would be an almighty high pitched squeal.

After looking at the rear pads, I could see they didn't have the anti squeal/vibration shims. Typically most pads usually come with these built in or some sort of coating. After removing the rear pads from the caliper, it was evident that they plastic coating had all deteriorated away. For a quick job, just whacked on some copper grease which sorted the squeal out for the time being. Plenty of meat on the pads so seemed a waste to put on new pads onto an old disc. These will probably get changed in the future as a set (pads and discs).

IMG_1369.jpg

Wheel goes well against the Skunk 2 black rep gearknob. Will give the wheel a good clean and refurb the stitching soon, probably change the gear gaitor too for a red stitch leather itr style one. Much more enjoyable to drive with this set up of gearknob and steering wheel.

• Like 1