Front speaker wires replacement

androot

Hi, everybody.

I just need to ask a quick question. Has anybody ever replaced wires for the front speakers? Does it require taking the door off?

One of those wires broke after working on and off for last couple of months. I need to get to the inside of that rubber sleeve and replace a section of the wire or just shorten it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading folks:)

Hi, everybody.

I just need to ask a quick question. Has anybody ever replaced wires for the front speakers? Does it require taking the door off?

One of those wires broke after working on and off for last couple of months. I need to get to the inside of that rubber sleeve and replace a section of the wire or just shorten it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading folks:)

I don't think you have to remove the whole door. Have you removed the door card yet and taken a look at the wires inside the door? I'd start there.

Could you feed it through with a coat hanger or pipecleaner or something - being careful not to break any other wires of course? I'm messing around with the central locking at the moment and it's definitely not an easy place to get into. I decided against feeding anything into the door personally. Looked like too much trouble! I should think going door side first would be the way to do it though. 

I had a quick look at this on my mc2, looks the same as my eg civic that I tried to do. You have to get inside the front wing (this is on my eg mind, as said looks the same) by removing it to expose the molex connector that links the door wiring to the inside the car. Open it up and see if there is room on the connector to drill out any empty slots grouped together and then feed the cable through front their into the car and back into the door. Its a pain in the a*s and on the eg the cable were in such a tight cable tidy I couldn't get the new wiring through so just gave up....

Other option is to drill the door and body and fit grommets and run new cables that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...