Bizarre Battery related problem?

Ryan6926

Question

Hi guys after a quick answer ideally, I've got a MB3, Usally it starts first time however I've found recently it's developed an interesting feature

As I turn the key to start it there's nothing, It's as if there's a dead battery as there's no firing or anything, However if I tap the brake then try again it'll fire straight up
Is there a switch / cutoff behind the brake or anything which is why it's doing it
It doesn't do it everytime but has done it twice within a week now which is confusing me

Cheers

Hi yeah sorry @Krzys, I found the positive cable on the battery  was able to be wobbled so I've moved it and tightened it and touch wood it's sorted although it's now drinking fuel as the rear brake piston isn't returning properly when the brakes are applied so I've lost patience with it now lol

At least it's sorted the dodgy start though :)

• Like 1

Could be the immobiliser in the key as well... Mine went through a funny patch a couple of months ago where it was as if the battery was flat.. If i took the key out and turned it around it would start.

The ignition switch is on the rear of the ignition barrel, where you put the key in mate. Also, another thing to check is the battery terminals, make sure they're tight. I've seen loose connection at the battery cause similar problems, and its easy to check, and if its that, a really cheap fix!