Meister R Setup? (spring rate etc)

burbleboy

Thats good to know nice one

I just felt that the setup seemed too 'soft' and constantly adjusting the shocker stiffness didn't seem right.....until I remembered Krzys saying something about him adjusting the preload...which got me onto this thread!

I will adjust preload when weather is better. Then it should be how I like it...only taken me a year to figure this out :(

• Like 1

I just felt that the setup seemed too 'soft' and constantly adjusting the shocker stiffness didn't seem right.....until I remembered Krzys saying something about him adjusting the preload...which got me onto this thread!

I will adjust preload when weather is better. Then it should be how I like it...only taken me a year to figure this out :(

My guess is you'll want 10mm of preload, then make sure you adjust the height to how it was and see how you get on, I did a lot of trial and error to find my happy medium, which is fine in the summer, not so good this time of year :(

Would be more accurate to measure at threads,and easier too. :idea:

100% agree with you, the tape measure and the treads were best friends during the many hours I spent adjusting and readjusting mine when I had them.

• 5 months later...

Thanks @burbleboy for opening this conversation, going to change tires and adjust ride height today and thought hmm i wonder how to adjust the pre-load of my new coilies... but not wondering anymore, thanks to our awesome forum! Sure i could've googled it, but i rather hear it from somebody i know. 8-)

• Like 1