K24 EP3

beastgtir

You can get them to rev them high with the right setup.

Limiting factors are oil pump (most use earls modified f20c s2000 one). Updated valve train and cams. Then you have to mess about with the VTC can gear and all sorts.

Typically when you hear about the K20/K24 it's in Usa and they have different k24 compared to Uk. Most use the 160 bhp k24 hence they don't put out good figures plus they use like 91-93 octane petrol.

Yeah their version of Vpower is too an octane low for our noddy cars even! That's why it's so cheap too over there! 

United States: in the US octane rating is displayed in AKI. In most areas, the standard grades are 87, 89-90 and 91-94 AKI.[38] In the Rocky Mountain (high elevation) states, 85 AKI (90 RON) is the minimum octane, and 91 AKI (95 RON) is the maximum octane available in fuel.[39] The reason for this is that in higher-elevation areas, a typical naturally aspirated engine draws in less air mass per cycle because of the reduced density of the atmosphere. This directly translates to less fuel and reduced absolute compression in the cylinder, therefore deterring knock. It is safe to fill a carbureted car that normally takes 87 AKI fuel at sea level with 85 AKI fuel in the mountains, but at sea level the fuel may cause damage to the engine. A disadvantage to this strategy is that most turbocharged vehicles are unable to produce full power, even when using the "premium" 91 AKI fuel. In some east coast states, up to 94 AKI (98 RON) is available.[40] As of January, 2011, over 40 states and a total of over 2500 stations offer ethanol-based E-85 fuel with 105 AKI.[41] Often, filling stations near US racing tracks will offer higher octane levels such as 100 AKI

You can get them to rev them high with the right setup.

Limiting factors are oil pump (most use earls modified f20c s2000 one). Updated valve train and cams. Then you have to mess about with the VTC can gear and all sorts.

Typically when you hear about the K20/K24 it's in Usa and they have different k24 compared to Uk. Most use the 160 bhp k24 hence they don't put out good figures plus they use like 91-93 octane petrol.

Hmmmm Hate to disagree mate .. The limiting factor isnt the head gear .. Its the bottom end, that was my point. Cams & valve train etc are designed to rev to 8k .. Also, thought the oil pump from the k20 could be used ? 

Hmmmm Hate to disagree mate .. The limiting factor isnt the head gear .. Its the bottom end, that was my point. Cams & valve train etc are designed to rev to 8k .. Also, thought the oil pump from the k20 could be used ? 

My point too.

I thought we were talking about the frankenstien k24 bottom with k20 head .. Therefor the restricting factor in terms of high revving is the bottom .. Therefor, we were talking about the bottom not being able to match the natural rev ability of the top ! 

I thought we were talking about the frankenstien k24 bottom with k20 head .. Therefor the restricting factor in terms of high revving is the bottom .. Therefor, we were talking about the bottom not being able to match the natural rev ability of the top ! 

Exactly that!