Gel

X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

This is my first Honda ever and I quite like the way it buzzes round London without effort and returns 30mpg....she looks decent enough and sailed through a fresh MOT....it wasn't due an MOT but thought it best to ensure it was mechanically sound after replacing trailing arms etc.

Nice looking mb2 mate

Nice to see another auto in the club:)

The best auto here, has got to be dawns deck! But both are looking good.

It's an honest smart looking motor.......but I'd be apt to get a parking ticket doing the 0 - 60mph dash :D....perfect for London eh !

I've been leasing cars through Motability for the last 20 years but came off the scheme because I could no longer justify paying £230pm when I only cover 2,000 miles pa.

Here's the kicker......I have more pride in the Civic than I ever had for those new cars.....probably because I get to tinker about with my new pride and joy.

Things to do :  

fit a new cam belt kit (no history of a replacement)

Change  auto transmission fluid and source a modern stereo system that can play portable digital music.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome :)

Tidy looking motor there buddy! 

I know exactly what you mean, we have a Zafira on the motability scheme, and it's just transport to me, I've given the Civic more attention in 3 weeks than the Zafira in over a year:)

That's it in a nutshell Andy.

Looks pretty nice mate. Very tidy indeed!

Yeh my father in law has just binned his mobility car too!

it's a very tidy car that, looks as if there isn't a dent on it!  :shock:

Tom, it's got a few minor flaws that could easily be addressed by a Detailer but I couldn't be bothered because London cars are always prone to knocks and bumps.....and one of our neighbours parks by ear cry.gif1

Granted, it looks perfect in the image but perfect it ain't......I spent a fair bit on tightening up the undercarriage components but I now have a car that's as good as it can be given it's age and mileage :)

I aim to run this wee auto for 3 years.....least that's the plan.

• Like 1

I only covered 1,400 miles since the last MOT so thankfully my car sailed through the MOT 10 days ago with no advisories :)

I did have to replace a headlight (UV damage) and the Garage replaced rear drop links that were that were annoying the Hell out of me.

My rear box (silencer) will soon need replacing.....they're relatively cheap and looks a doodle to fit.

Got to see the underside of my car whilst it was on the Garage lift.....I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and rust free it was and it was plain to see the car was well looked after in the past.

So my cheap runabout gets to live another year :)

• Like 1

Bargain motoring that! DD has only done around 700 miles in a year too, need to check when the mot is due! That sounds like it's a cracking wee mb mate

• Like 1

It's the weather that's keeping DD 's mileage so low....she'd have galactic mileage if you were living in the Mediterranean :D

With a bit of luck DD will easily pass her MOT after a "free up" drive :)

My car doesn't even come close to the condition of DD and others on here but I can describe my car as a decent dependable motor that has buckets of charm....it's easy on fuel, easy to drive, easy to park, easy on parts but sadly it would also be easy to steal.

I really think it's the smooth auto box that endears me to this car so much.....90 bhp is quite tame but at least it goes like the clappers in kickdown :)

Yeah, love the autobox in DD aswell, just nice for cruising around!

Nice car my MB4 is an auto, I love it !

DSCF2268.JPG

• Like 1

Beautiful shot of a lovely car John :)....your wheels look ace.

IMHO auto's fare better over the years  i.e.  they're less likely to have been thrashed or neglected.

Just purchased a back box from GSF for £37.....was listed @ £63 but managed to use a 41% discount code I sourced online :)

WKEND41 FOR 41% off at GSF this weekend           

Edited by Gel
to include code

My dependable 1.4 S auto just passed it's MOT again so it gets to live for another year :)

I bought my car cheaply and got to say it's the best bargain car I've ever owned but will probably replace it with something fresher this Summer......I've been saying that since I got the car :lol:

These Honda's just grow on you eh

• Like 2

My wee 1.4 auto was the most reliable car I've ever owned too mate. Passed every mot with flying colours, never broke down and apart from regular services and at most brake pads/shoes, never had to spend money fixing it either! Loved that wee car!

It's one of those things that you probably bought just to do the job and it just won't die :lol:

• Like 1

My Advisories state my rear discs and pads need replacing in the near future......I've just forked out for insurance so the I'll have the brakes renewed next month if my Bank manager is agreeable.......I would have preferred having the work carried out there and then but the Garage was "flat out like a lizard".

Rear discs and pads are an easy one to sort :)