Jimbobs VTiS

Wonder how much longer the engine is gonna take now to produce its max tourque?

Because as far as I've seen the IABs really do help the b18 in our produce maximum torque far, far quicker than the type R b18.

It'll affect the mid-range I think, I know the B16's were basically rubbish out of VTEC which is 6k rpm which is a lifetime if you're in the wrong gear at the wrong time.

Guest jimbob738

Krzys I think I discovered what might be causing your juddering mate, I took my throttle body off the OEM one and it was ditched in black grime so I suggest removing yours and cleaning it up checking the TPS and re fitting it think that might help you.

A ported intake with a 66mm-70mm Throttle body beats the pants off IAB's in my opinion might lose a bit of low down torque but you gain more mid-top range, its all down to personal preference I personally think the oem intake restricts the engine from performing at its best, Honda's have never had torque but they have all ways been high reving even back to the motorbike days where they started life, if your bother about loads of torque strap a turbo on, in which instance the OEM intake might perform ok but still its all about air flow in that scenario.

look at what Honda have had to do to create a new torque engine with the new type R they scrapped Vtec and strapped a turbo to it lots of Chav's will flock to it but I reckon hardcore Honda fans will be gutted it has 0 Character may as well be a RS Ford.

Still has vtec tho the new one. Be interesting to see how they are tho.

But I think the need for a turbo is more down to keeping the emissions/economy at an acceptable level.

That's why most modern vehicles are turbocharged.

• Like 1

Could be mate, Jake checked the electrical side of the TPS yesterday on the show stand and he said it was reading slightly high (0.02 high) but was confident it was okay. Least that's one thing.

Yeah its more how smoothly it delivers voltage throughout its range that's important. And it was working spot on in that respect. Very smooth

Paul (Who has the minted white VTi) was saying it could easily be as silly as my ignition timing being out from when I replaced the dizzy? Also gave me a few other things to check like the fuel sender and see what state the tank is in just in case its rotting a feeding the motor bad fuel. Also said about injectors a possibility.

Only thing I know for certain outside of that is if I unplug the lambda it runs much smoother but obviously isn't a cure.