My ej8 coupe b16a2

marv

Well it really is. Obviously I can't gaurantee it'll cure the problem but certainly a common cause.the spring and ball sit in a notch on the shift rod and hold selected gear. If the ball wears or the spring fails it doesn't work. Very simple.

I just happen to have a box sat outside my back door. The two circled holes contain the offending articles.and the other pic is what often fails. Again I happen to have these floating about the kitchen. So took a pic.

Just have to be really careful and put them in square.

tempFileForShare_2016-02-27-21-19-51.jpg20160227_211458.jpg

• Like 1

And that could be done with the box still attached to the block? Just remove the bolts further down from the circled ones, and that part will pull away? Might be worth a shot. You can come down the gears and roll in fourth, but once you try and accelerate it pops out.

Don't need to remove anything apart from the two circled bolts. Box stays on. Gotta be worth a shot before all that expense and effort.

Oh really? What about the old ball and Spring? Will they just be floating about in the gearbox now? Pm me how much you'd want for them.