Project supra

civicturbo79

i have to say i am in love with that engine bay... maannnn what i would give to be able to say yep thats my engine bay right there.. certainly puts a smile on my face just looking...

i bet that bailey dump valve sounds sweet.. is it a standard dumping "whoosh" or have you got my personal favourite the "flutter"? loving the work on this mate!.

Sweet look forward to the next mod update 8-):D

Its the standard dump whoosh , i would like a flutter one but you have to have a hks on and the are £120 second hand at the min and i do not have that money to spend on one as i have just ordered my oils for the big service before pod next week , 3l of gearbox oil , 2l of diff oil , 7l of engine oil ,2l of brake fluid, oil filter and the gearbox prop seal as its weeping a little £160 in total , i through the money would be better spend on the service . Rich.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good Rich!! 8-)8-) I used to have the 'swoosh' on my scoobie, and my mate had the 'flutter' on his 200sx!! They both sounded awesome when we drove them together!! 8-)

its super load ill try and get a video over the weekend for you all :D:D Rich.

Looks great mate. Liking that engine bay makes such a difference

Cheers mate , i am doing the service friday and sat morning and im going to get some blur pipe to replace all the vacuum hose , and im going to do the battery and rad retainers in blue to , so ill add more pictures as i get bits done . Rich.

Did some more stuff in the engine bay today , painted the rad and battery brakets and replaced all the vacuum lines with blue silcon hose .

I also did a big service (all the oils and filters with a brake and clutch fluid change ) and a set of front pads

mods1003.jpg

mods1001.jpg

Rich.

• 1 month later...

yer now that looking sweet rich nice bit of colour too that colour must give it a least another 20bhp . it did when i added colour in the engine :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well is you know i was off to dorset last sat so i put my supra on my mum's drive for safe keeping , But it was not so safe , A large piece of mortar (20 cm x 10 cm) fell from the roof tiles landing on the wing of the supra leaving me with this .

dorsetholidayaugust2010005.jpg

dorsetholidayaugust2010001.jpg

dorsetholidayaugust2010004.jpg

Well here is my step by step guide to repairing the damaged wing .

I started off by removing the paint from the wing ,leaving me with bare metal

crap016.jpg

This is the dent remover we have at work , it goes on to the spot welder and it very lightly welds to the panal allowing you to pull out the dent .

crap015.jpg

Most of the dent removed

crap014.jpg

Then file the area to remove any high spots

crap013.jpg

DA sander / sand the area with 180 grit paper / pad .

crap012.jpg

Apply filler to the area and sand down with 180 grit paper

crap011.jpg

Once you are happy with the shape of the filler , this may take more than 1 skim , apply and guide coat of black and block the area with 320 grit to remove scratch left by the 180 grit ,Then DA sand the rest of the wing with 500 grit and scotch pad all the edges or anywere you can not get witht the DA sander.

Mask up the wing and degrease and clean the area with panel wipe , Then apply an acid etch primer

crap010.jpg

Allow to dry and then apply 2 good coats of high build primer

crap009.jpg

Rich.

ok lets get this step by step finished .

Got the car out of the over demasked it and blocked the primer with 400 grit and the DA sanded it with 500 grit

1008.jpg

Masked the car back up and got the car back in the oven and degreased the wing .

1007.jpg

2 coat of silver and a drop coat

1004.jpg

one 1/2 coat of clear coat and 2 full coats

1005.jpg

This is the end result wash and polished sat afternoon

1003.jpg

The wing is a little off colour as i did it edge to edge and i should have blended the door and bonnet , but i want to repaint the hole car after xmas so i did not want to paint those panel as there are small marks on them that im not happy with so by the time i had finished i would have been repainting it now .

Rich.

• 1 month later...

Archived