I have decided to start a new thread instead of adding it to my old one. After going for so long with out my MA8 that I loved I have finally found a replacement to continue my story with :x I have been searching for years for one the same colour it has taken me a while to find one, but now I finally have another MA and I’m so happy :-D Ihave missed owning one of these special cars I traveled all the way to Kent from Birmingham to buy this car and I must say she’s a good un I’m the 3rd owner and she has service history etc.I’m going to try and make her look like my old MA8 pictures to follow soon :wink:

7121A23C-82B0-4295-B04E-6B806ED4E43D_zps I have already started doing a few things to my ma, I bought a mb spoiler that I colour coded myself, and also added mb rear tail lights, and also de badged the rear to make her look more tidy 8-)

B87E322A-5B69-4E50-BA5E-A40B7A4FD920_zps I bought a vti front lip that I sprayed phantom grey to match the ma’s paint very easy to fit on a Civic ma and is a nice touch 8-)

• Like 1

87CA8ED7-5B83-4CE5-A35A-D14389EF4353_zps today I bought some very rare Civic sr alloys that I will be refurbing myself to use for the time being until I can find a set of alloys the same as what was on my last ma, or I might go for some bbs alloys with a chrome lip, but these sr alloys will do me for now

• Like 1

Yeah I like those wheels. From mb1. Look nice.

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

Yeah I like those wheels. From mb1. Look nice.

They are nice wheels, I did originally try to find a mb1 SR vtec to buy before I bought my MA9, but there is only 18 left on the road so basically no chance of seeing one for sale lol.

• Like 2

Probably rarer than vtis now then ay.

• Like 2

Vti lip is a nice change - freshens the front end up 8-)

• Like 1

Those wheels will look so much better on her mate, Yes, the SR MB1 is a very rare car now. I would even say that the MA civics now are probably rarer than a vtis or at the same level.

46 minutes ago, Dave said:

Those wheels will look so much better on her mate, Yes, the SR MB1 is a very rare car now. I would even say that the MA civics now are probably rarer than a vtis or at the same level.

Thanks they will look a lot better on the MA once they have been refurbished in the same silver colour :-D. MA Civics are very rare now took me years to find this one in the same colour as my old MA.

• Like 1

7B8622C1-0BE5-4533-8204-F277DD3E7E69_zps I have started to sand down my civic SR alloys, I have done well with these as there is no curb rash or major marks on them, so they look like they are going to come up well after the refurb :-D I am very tempted to lower the car on springs because I know it will look a lot better, but I have a baby now so I don’t want the ride to be too harsh any advice please?

• Like 1

The addition of the spoiler smartens up your car no end.....should be looking good once you fit the rare wheels :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gel said:

The addition of the spoiler smartens up your car no end.....should be looking good once you fit the rare wheels :)

Thanks the spoiler has made the MA look a lot better, I can’t wait to fit the rare mb1 sr alloys, will make my MA look like an sr then B)

• Like 1

Regarding lowering, from cars I've been in that are using just lowering springs, the ride is really harsh due to the springs needing to be a lot stiffer as the car has less damping room available. Decent coilovers will give you the drop in height, and can be set up to your taste. Don't be fooled though, even these will still be stuffed than normal, but a lot more compliant. Stay well away from cheaper eBay specials, they won't last long and give an unbearable ride, very crashy and way to stiff.

For a decent set, look to spend around £600-£700

13 hours ago, Dave said:

Regarding lowering, from cars I've been in that are using just lowering springs, the ride is really harsh due to the springs needing to be a lot stiffer as the car has less damping room available. Decent coilovers will give you the drop in height, and can be set up to your taste. Don't be fooled though, even these will still be stuffed than normal, but a lot more compliant. Stay well away from cheaper eBay specials, they won't last long and give an unbearable ride, very crashy and way to stiff.

For a decent set, look to spend around £600-£700

I was going to go for springs for 30mm drop, I don’t want the car lowered too much, but looks like I’m going to have to spend abit more as I don’t want the ride to be harsh, hopefully I can find a good brand of coil overs in good condition second hand :)

296B5C51-C3B4-449D-BA95-AE09A62D5983_zps I ordered the original 1996 Honda Civic MA dealers brochure it has now arrived and have enjoyed reading through it :) it tells you all the specs of every model that was offered, and gives you quite abit if information about the Civic MA, it even has an MA the same colour as mine on the front page as it’s the best colour 8-) 

• Like 2

Nice find!! I just bought a whole load of original Mk1 Mazda MX5 brochures for Mindy. Love looking through them, even got the accessory brochures and the price list for 1997......which is the year mine was registered! Will look nice at any car shows, will have the brochures on display on the dashboard. Picked up an original owners handbook for her too as that was missing.

• Like 1

Also regards to lowering... I found MG ZS units with a slight fork modification can give you a nice little drop, and comfort will be exactly as the manufacturer intended! 

Running this on my deck with ZERO problems so far after about a years driving

that route is only if you want a cheap uncompromised option... if you got the pennies then a set of meisters if the way forward 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snakey135 said:

Also regards to lowering... I found MG ZS units with a slight fork modification can give you a nice little drop, and comfort will be exactly as the manufacturer intended! 

Running this on my deck with ZERO problems so far after about a years driving

that route is only if you want a cheap uncompromised option... if you got the pennies then a set of meisters if the way forward 

Good shout, i might go with the mg zs shocks and springs as I’m only looking for a slight drop in height and need to keep the car comfortable for my little one, only want it about 20-30mm lower 

• Like 1

Can’t remember how much I got mine to drop but this is how it sits

A7433F40-270A-4EF7-80BD-6EB25259F16E.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking forward to the alloys sprayed and fitted. She is gonna look nice. Love all the changes so far. Looking fresh

• Like 1

Alloys will be finished soon just waiting on better weather to paint the last 2 wheels, and I’m also thinking about doing an engine swap in the summer as the 90bhp 1.5 vtec e engine that’s  in the ma, is gutless to say the least lol, my Mk1 golf cabrio is a lot quicker. Think I need some b series power!

• Like 1