Charcoal canister hoses

dr_broon

Question

Not sure tbh, but I would assume they can be swapped. Bit worrying that Hionda don't have the parts any more. Think I might have to get a wee letter knocked together to Honda UK to see if they are willing to help get parts back on the shelf for our civics. After all, its their fault for making such reliable and solid cars plus we have an ever growing club for them here and these well kept examples (which are now on the verge of or already are modern classics) will need parts to keep them going.

• Like 1

That's a damn good idea mate. 

I even checked for a teg, but that's the same. :cry:

Check out the amount of "discontinued" on this list

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/CIVIC-AERODECK/1999/VTI/ELECTRICAL-EQUIPMENTS-EXHAUST-HEATER/FUEL-PIPE/17S1E01/B__0400/3/8454 

• Sad 1

Damn, unless its a bolt, a bulb, a screw, or a gromet it's discontinued. That totally sucks! How the hell are we supposed to keep our cars going with zero parts? Thing is, most of those parts are dealer only so not like we can even get pattern parts. Dull times ahead methinks. Might start plundering scrappies soon and stock piling bits! Trouble is, there's no aerodecks/civic ms in the breakers up here!

Yeah, trying to go down the route of braided for as many of the fuel lines as I can, but it's all a bit baffling to be honest shrug.gif1

I've been in touch with a few companies today, so hopefully I'll get sorted. Seen a few places in the states that do full kits, but would prefer UK if I can. 

No idea mate, that's one of the things I'm trying to find out. The advert says it replaces at hard fuel lines, from the tank forward, and in the engine bay. 

If not it'll have to be custom hard lines for those. I guess the pipes cheap enough, but the it's figuring out which of the millions of fittings I need. 

If I go down the hard line route, then not much point in going braided for the others, other than style and "lifetime warranty". 

I'll be sure to post the solution when I get there. 

All of them to be honest Jake. I need to replace the ones for the charcoal canister, and all of the ones from the tank, I got a feed line from honda, but the small section from the tank to the feed line is discontinued as well.

I'm a bit in the dark about how many and what lines need changing, so I'm going to have to go and visit the old girl at the garage to get my head round it. 

• Like 1