Hi there i tried to find the info for my tyre pressure everywhere but i get different opinions. At the tyre shop they said should be 2.5 BAR FRONT AND REAR, on the internet i found saying should be 2.0 bar front and 1.8-2.0 rear.

My car has 14" rims and the tyre size is 175/65/R14

I would love to know the pressure honda recommended when the car was put together buu my car as already been painted and i have no sticker on door jam so i´m lost

Also wanted to ask if our MB civics  have rear wheel covers on the inside wheel arc facing back, cause my rear left wheel arc seems to have a plastic cover but on the other side doesn´t, not sure where i can get one or even if its missing or not.

Thanks in advance

From memory it's 2.1 front and 2.0 rear, or going up 0.1 bar for higher speed. I used to go for 2.2 front, 2.1 rear. 

The wife's accord tourer is 2.3 front and 2.2 rear I think. 

• Thanks 1

IMG_20200428_184833.jpg

That's the one for the accord. 

• Thanks 1

ok the aerodeck had 14" rims also? or doesnt care? cause the accord has a much bigger tire and 15" rims.

thanks mate

My deck came with 15s, but I've got 17s on and still have 2.2 at the front. 

The current accord came with came with 17s, but the last one had 16s and I'm sure the sticker was the same.  The accord is a much heavier beast though :wink:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dr_broon said:

My deck came with 15s, but I've got 17s on and still have 2.2 at the front. 

The current accord came with came with 17s, but the last one had 16s and I'm sure the sticker was the same.  The accord is a much heavier beast though :wink:

Ok i get it, the most important thing in calculating a tyre pressure is the weight of the car not the wheels.

thanks dr.broon

:civic5rocks3:

1 minute ago, rickybeau said:

Ok i get it, the most important thing in calculating a tyre pressure is the weight of the car not the wheels.

thanks dr.broon

Judging by the stickers, it's weight and/or speed. 

• Like 1

There you go mate, taken from my aerodeck.

20200501_094204.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave said:

There you go mate, taken from my aerodeck.

20200501_094204.jpg

Shows how bad my memory is / how long since I've been in my car 

• Haha 2

Hi folks everyone deconfined and happier? :)

I want to ask which type of gasoline was recommended by honda at the time the car was put together...i wonder if its 95 octane or 98... or doesnt hurt using any of these?

Another thing, please tell me the weight of the aerodeck.

thanks in advance.

Peace out. 

5 hours ago, rickybeau said:

Hi folks everyone deconfined and happier? :)

I want to ask which type of gasoline was recommended by Honda at the time the car was put together...i wonder if its 95 octane or 98... or doesnt hurt using any of these?

Another thing, please tell me the weight of the aerodeck.

thanks in advance.

Peace out. 

Hi Mate. Unfortunately we're still confined here with lock down, so very very fed up with it! cry.gif1  

Fuel wise, it's 95 octane that these were recommended to run on, but using 98 octane won't do any harm (might give marginal more performance, although emissions may be higher). Not sure how this new fuel that is being introduced here in the UK will affect them though (Named E10) which has a higher concentrate of Ethanol in it. This has been proven to react badly with the rubber gaskets/rubber fuel lines in older cars, but think ours might be ok. They have been using it in the USA for years and cars such as the mk1 MX5's seem to have been ok so as these are from the same era as our civics we hopefully should be fine.

Weight wise, the Aerodeck weighs 1120 Kg / 2469 lbs (approx and depending on what engine fitted)

Hope this helps

Dave

• Thanks 1

Dave yes it helped enlightenment wise thanks

sorry for mention the somewhat liberty we now enjoy in Portugal forgetting completely the majority of people here are from Britain... my bad!but then you will be there soon!

Never heard about that new fuel, i believe in Portugal we don't have it but i can be wrong, maybe its from the American market and has been imported?just a guess 

Just bought an si oem front splitter or skirt not sure wich is correct , just to find out it needs some kind of special clips or screws that i wasn't aware of and i dont even know what to look for cause i have no ideia how they are. Already tried to google and ebay it, but again i dont know what i really need so its a bummer to find hehe.

Any help in enlighten me about those elusive clips is much appreciated.

be safe, be gentle

peace out

The trim clips come as a kit from Honda. Not sure if they are still available mate, most likely discontinued. I've got a trim kit in the garage in its original packaging so will have a look for a part number for you. Got it for the rear lip but some low life stole the lip from my rear garden! 

• Sad 1

The others may work I'm not sure.

Side only.

• Thanks 1

I need for the front bumper lip, not for side, maybe i didn´t make it clear.

Thanks 

AHH. 

Do you have an example?

There usually stuck on with a sticky foam strip. Spire clips and screws in the wheel area. And spire clips on the underside to fix to the bumper.

Similar to this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121622652392

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, KiNK43 said:

AHH. 

Do you have an example?

There usually stuck on with a sticky foam strip. Spire clips and screws in the wheel area. And spire clips on the underside to fix to the bumper.

Similar to this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121622652392

Hi i did manage to get one example from my own car cause the splash guard uses the same clips and looks exatly like the ones you Said, 'spire clips".

I took pictures of the clips and the bumper holes, where these clips Will attach to, maybe it will help someone else.

Gonna try to find them locally in an hardware store if not maybe i have to go with NUTS and bolts with some washers but i sure prefer the clips if i can find them.

Thanks 

IMG_20200511_144057.jpg

IMG_20200512_193308.jpg

IMG_20200510_233142.jpg

IMG_20200510_233152.jpg

• Like 1