What's the best car you've owned.....and the worst!

Dave

As the title says, what's the best car you've owned and what was the worst! Include a photo if you have any, if not pinch one from the interweb of same car/model etc. If you're stuck between two that you consider your best, then you can have two! lol 

My best car: 

Ruby my Honda Civic MB6 Vti

IMAG0545.jpg

and DD, my Civic Aerodeck

DD new tyres fitted 2 May 2020.jpg

My worst......Vauxhall Astra mk2 2 door!

astra mk2.jpg

Was an absolute pig of a car.....1.3 auto, gearbox packed in after 1 month, car was rotten from front to back (looked lovely, but rust had been hidden underneath the car so inner wings, floor, sills etc were basically just fibreglass and filler!

• Like 2

Brill topic!

Well, spookily similar to you, but my best is my deck (the spirit lives on...), and my worst was a J reg 1.6 cavalier....

Looked pretty much like this... 

image.png

A £300 death trap of a car that I bought after killing my eg with a signpost, and did 350 miles a week in until the MOT tester condemned it. 

I'll take a photo of the fail sheet tomorrow :lol: :lol:[smash.gif]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best cars iv owned have got to be my current civic sr and my old 1986 micra K10. Both really fun to drive.

20191019_114445.jpg

The micra was a real head turner, everywhere I went with it there was always someone asking about it.

IMG-20160615-WA0013.jpg

20160614_193436.jpg

20160719_173256.jpg.eb0cb3ae1beb561e6836c2cb65a1280f.jpg

The worst has to be the suzuki alto, It broke down almost every week and did 0 to 60 in about 3 working days. 

20190928_124102.jpg

IMG_20190623_013623_223.jpg

• Like 3

Love your Civic, and that K10 Micra is amazing. Proper first gen too with the high back seats, can remember these in the showroom when they were brand new. That one you had looks awesome mate, what happened to it?

It looked amazing but the engine not so much. After spending hundreds trying to fix a cutting out issue and getting a different car I sold it.

Apparently the new owners imported it to New Zealand and I haven't heard of it since.

Really loved that thing

• Like 1

Hmm best car... best m I've had was my green aerodeck for sure. Loved that til someone drove into it.

But probably have to say the overall best is our ford bmax. Literally never had to spend a penny on it apart from servicing and tyres. And gets abused by my Mrs for 30k miles every year.

Call her Lucie Hamilton cus she has a heavy right foot.

Worst is easy.. baught a honda jazz as a runabout had a couple small niggles thaught ok can sort this.

Had so much wrong with it. Leaking everywhere. Coolant pipes  burried in the bay. Rotted through and covered in gaffa tape. Gearbox s**t itself. Then developed some nasty knock.. couldnt for the life of me find it. Then eventually found it was the subframe knocking. Two of the bolts had been blasted in and cross threaded and left a bit of play in the subframe. 

Then luckily someone put it out of its misery by nicking the cat. Thank god haha.

• Like 1

applause.gif1 Be gone little troublesome Jazz, be gone!angrymod.gif1 Oh, you've gone....bye bye Jazz lol rlol.gif1

To be fair, I had a Jazz (think it was 2nd Gen) as a courtesy car when Lexy was in getting her paint all sorted. Really liked it, but it was brand new so probably different ball game. Only thing was, it was an Auto, and I had the cruise control on (like I normally did in the Civic) and it came to a hill. Sitting there daydreaming as we cruised along and all of a sudden it hit the kickdown and took off like a truck had hit it's arse! Got such a bloody fright! lmao :-o Going uphill,it had dropped below what I'd set the cruise control at, so unlike Lexy, didn't just accelerate but dropped a gear and gave it beans!! lol Still a nice wee car though if I'm honest. If I could just have the jdm import one, the sport with the 1.5 supercharged engine, bright yellow paint, body kit etc.....they look sweet!8-) Said to Gayle after I handed back the Jazz I wouldn't mind getting one.......................she said "you'll be sitting in that yourself then grandad!" lmao