VTi-S

Shaddow

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here are some snaps of it as it stands now,

bce8d307.jpg

e2dcdedc.jpg

As for the hoses, long story short, they dont actually fit! I found a set on ebay, think they were said to be ITR ones, but contacted the guy and he said they will my MB6. When they arrived the 2 rear lower ones fitted but not the top front one. I then went at it with a blade and cut a bit of, and made it fit. slight kink in it, but nothing that will reduce performance. Will try get some close up pics to show how its done. Cant try and track guy down and post link. Think they were from China and cost £35 for full set inc postage.

13bd0798.jpg

85143d2a.jpg

The bit at the far right I just trimmed down to be closer to the bend.

Oh, and ordered my Meister R coilovers today, should be arriving tomorow, ready to be fitted on the weekend!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice project i like where your going with it

as for the gearknob, my mb6 vti-s aslo came with this, and i've seen them on other mb6 vti-s also, so I presume its a factory gearknob on a limited number of them

I replaced mine with a leather vti one, feels much nicer

could you tell me where you got your plug leads and a price please

could you tell me where you got your plug leads and a price please

Think I got them from DCPerformance.co.uk,

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/32 ... 45328.html

Managed to fit some of the bits over the weekend, unfortunately as I had problems with a round headed bolt, I did not have time to fit the brake lines, but here is it.

Before fitting:

10a159be.jpg

Old V New:

8ba783c3.jpg

e75a45b2.jpg

Rear Fitment:

468eb462.jpg

Back on the ground.

68f1d94d.jpg

Originally, did a 30mm front and 40mm rear drop, but due to big speedbump at work entrance, :evil: mid section of exhaust wat scraping so been tweaking ride height over past few days and now sits at 25mm lower than standard front and rear. Getting 4wheel alignment done on friday - £65 + VAT!!!! :o

That looked nice pre mods, but now it's modded looks spot on mate. Really like the new bits you've fitted! What are the Meisters like for ride/handling so far? I'm seriously considering them! Whats the higest they can be set at? Thinking that as i got stuck during winter with the standard ride hight, id be snookered if it was too low. Nice to hve the option of adjustability on these 8-)

Oh, and the gearknob? Standard MB6 VTiS alloy gearknob that! They came with either the two tone silver and black plastic one ( that has a "H" on it where yours says vtis) or the one like you have. Not keen on the plastic one , but that alloy one is sweet 8-)8-)

Dave;

Yeah much prefer the alloy gearknob, but does get cold in winter.

As for the coilys, VERY happy with them. Still getting use the the new ride stiffness, but not bad. Giving some time as well for springs to bed in, then tweak stiffness setting. As for handling, +10 on that, but that can be from a mixture of coilys, roll bar and LCA's all working together nicely.

Ride height, Meister says to have atleast 20mm of thread contact, and I currently have 30mm contact at back, more at front. So min drop at rear will be 15mm. And as for adjusting, very easy, take wheel off, loosen bottom ring lock and twist by hand or using C-Spanner. Took me about 20min to rise front and back by 5mm (including time taken to jack car, measure adjust, remeasure, adjust....)

Thanks all for the comments!

That looks the muts nuts! Wish my paintwork was that nice, liking the colour coding too.

With your LCA's, you said they were DC2 fitment. Am I right in assuming they are Integra GSR as opposed to Type-R which uses the different shocks?

Cheers.

Archived