VTi-S

Shaddow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, I've just done it. MASSIVE difference in turn in response and road holding when tanking around roundabouts!

Best £40 you can spend to make such difference!

what dose it improve

Exactly as Shaddow said mate. The difference is unreal!

When you have both roll bars off at same time, the diameter difference is MASSIVE! I know on paper it's only 4-5 mm, but when you see them side by side.....

so you need the l brakets and the bar and thats it prob better to get new links??. The bolts what exactly do i need i know there is a thrend here but id prefeer heir it from the guys just after fitting them??

and its a 1 spanner on the difficult gauge

lol, 1/2 a spanner mate ;)

You undo the 4 bolts supporting the bar to the chassis. Undo the Drop links from the LCA's.

Put the new one on using the original bolts.

The drop links are included witht the bar too! I bought my whole bar and D/L's for a few quid more than new D/L's would cost on their own!

Only 'extra' thing you need are 2 bolts to put new drop links into LCA's. Can't remember what size I used, but halfrauds every day stuff mate!

the worst bit about it is cleaning the holes into the chasis with a tap set... oh no, hang on... that's just for a deck...

honestly, without having to do that it'll be a bit of plumb duff govenor :D

got all my bolts and stuff from b&q

Yeah and very easy to fit. Dont even need to get the car that high off the ground. Took me bout a day to do. But that also included fitting coilovers, rear lower tie bar and new LCA's with ride height set-up. On its own, should not take more than 30min I would guess.

Yeah, I tried to remove the drop links from the LCA, but no luck so just removed LCA and ARB together. But should not be anything a bit of WD40 could not sort out.

Archived