VTi-S

Shaddow

Ok, so JapSpeed 4-2-1 manifold ordered along with some heatwrap.

ad3f05a5.jpg

ec63c644.jpg

Let the wrapping process begin:

af1a5b56.jpg

84382b2f.jpg

Not an easy job as some of the pipes are so close together. But did it as well as i could.

Then discovered old jack wont lift car high enough to drop old manifold out and fit new one so of to Halfrauds for a 4x4 jack.

f822fda8.jpg

Hmm... ground clearance!!!

c20694c1.jpg

Old manifold is out after some WD40 and bit of engineering persuation!

37e3f4b0.jpg

New manifold ready for fitting:

1a4e0833.jpg

And its on!!!

99479ab4.jpg

Start car and watch her smoke as she heats up and dries the heat wrap!

d062ede5.jpg

Next, time do do my foglights. Replace yellowish 100W bulbs for LED.

75494f9e.jpg

f37ccbf1.jpg

New LED ones dont looks as bright, but atleast fits in with HID's and LED side lights.

b1917178.jpg

Now to make some time to clean engine bay:

142bcca8.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iv heard from someone that that heatwrap is a big no no

they fitted it and it smoked and smoked and smoked and smoked and smoked and smoked and never stoped as of that the fumes ware getting into the cabin, sooooooooooooo they had to remove it

they said in the wet weather the wrap was soaking up moisture and getting wet

i realy want to warp a mani when i get one

did this happen to you, do you get the fumes/smell in the cabin, has it stoped smokeing

and did you put it on dry or wet

I soaked mine in water for a few min before fitting, and smoked quite a bit and smelt quite bad when first started car. Have done about 15miles in car and still smells a bit, but not nearly as bad. As for the smoke, cant see any. Will give it to atleast 50miles and see if it still gives of smell.

Cable is a grounding kit. So instead of having the car only grounded through 1 point, the kit grounds it through about 5 diffirent points.

As for suspension and chassis stiffening:

Meister R Coilovers

D2 Rear Lower Control Arms

Rover 400 Anti-Roll Bar

Skunk 2 rear lower tie bar

This has made a HUGE difference in handling, but cant say which made the biggest difference as all were installed at the same time. But I know I can now take corners ALOT faster and I dont have any 4wheel drift anymore when going round a roundabout.

Future plans for stiffness. Install PSWord JDM 3point front upper strut brace along with a Front lower H brace. but to be honest the chassis is quite stiff as it is now. (When jacking front up, rear lifts with it)

Archived