VTEC in 3rd

Dave

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is there a how to on cleaning your solenoid?

all i did was take out the 3 ten mm bolts that hold it to the cylinder head and disconect the wire !

then wen you pull it away from the head you could do with a cloth underneath to cach

the oil that will run out ov it (not that much) !

i didnt take the filter out ov it orifice as over time the rubber had gone hard ?

i then used a full can ov degreaser spraying in all the ports and the filter untill it run clear.

then just beffore i put it back on i smeared fresh oil on the rubber seal that seals it to the head !

and thats it job done :D

try to let the engine cool fully before taking the bolts out so they dont strip the threads !!

knowing me i will snap the head off the bolts trying to remove them. i managed to snap 2 the other day removing the grille from the front, as i undid the plastic nuts it snapped the screw off the car. I also snapped my 1/4 to 1/8th inch socket converter trying to undo the screws for the stat. i hate working on this car its scary :-(

knowing me i will snap the head off the bolts trying to remove them. i managed to snap 2 the other day removing the grille from the front, as i undid the plastic nuts it snapped the screw off the car. I also snapped my 1/4 to 1/8th inch socket converter trying to undo the screws for the stat. i hate working on this car its scary :-(

:lol: the bolts on the grill break 9 times out ov 10 anyway !

the best way to loosen a 10mm is with a small ratchet . that way you shouldnt put to much preassure on them .

they will be tight if they havnt been off for a while !

cheers mates!

I adjusted the valve clearance today and there was at least 0.05 mm too big clearance in each valve. After the the adjustment my B18C4 is purring like a cat! There is no more lack of power at 5000-7000 rpm! 8-)

Wow!!! it made that much difference! did you get a garage to do it? got to do mine asap! ;)

Archived