VTEC in 3rd

Dave

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had this strange loss of power between 5000 and 7000 rpm for a while. Have read the MIL codes and checked everything but today I remembered that a month ago I modified the resonator box according the thread

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5193&start=0&hilit=resonator+box

to get more noise from the intake but today a light bulb came above my head and I put the stuff back to the resonator box. After that I tested the engine and all lost power somehow came back! ;)

replace it as i did air boxes is an air box full of air for throttle fast responce!!of throttle opening and no lag ect

the lil elbow is to charge the airbox tank ie pressurize it for pressure for quick throttle operations if you know what i mean torque the bc4 needs it!!always reset ecu ect.i still have derezz taken from inner wing blanked of with cap,and cold air from removal of rubber on bonnet seal over headlight o/s works fine lil induction noise vtec enuff for me still sounds hoter than standard also have twin loop muffler torque again.the longer the pipe better torque!!

OK, this is a strange one, and could possibly just be my imagination. Was out in the MB6 the other day, and accelerated as we were joining a motorway. I'm almost certain that VTEC did not kick in in 3rd gear, and even said to dawn it felt slow. Then carried on our way, didnt think any more about it.

Few days later, and same kinda scene, entering motorway (in 2nd) and accelerated down slip road. Vtec kicked in, then into 3rd gear, and watched the revs/listened to the sound as I hit 4.5k, no change? car felt like deff no vtec. Into 4th, felt the same, not the usual zoom!

I've checked the oil, it's fine, and up to the mark. Just not sure if its possible to have vtec engage in one gear but not another? Or would it be all gears or none at all? Deff a strange one! Or could be i'm just too used to it now? :o

Other days its quite obvious when VTEC is coming on

i have seen stranger things my freinds cars cluch only slipped in 4th thought no way, he replaced clutch and all was fine :shock::?:

replace it as i did air boxes is an air box full of air for throttle fast responce!!of throttle opening and no lag ect

the lil elbow is to charge the airbox tank ie pressurize it for pressure for quick throttle operations if you know what i mean torque the bc4 needs it!!always reset ecu ect.i still have derezz taken from inner wing blanked of with cap,and cold air from removal of rubber on bonnet seal over headlight o/s works fine lil induction noise vtec enuff for me still sounds hoter than standard also have twin loop muffler torque again.the longer the pipe better torque!!

what is this i dont even

does vtec not kick in if only a certain amount of throttle is pressed??

the selanoid will open to engage the vtec around 5000 rpm no matter if your on the revs or not !

but i think it only fully engages wen it needs extra humph !

i fitted a vtec light and noticed that if the revs ar above 5000 rpm the light stays lit up weather im on the revs

or not !!

Archived