Errordeck's MB9 Mini-e || HowTo Blackhouse your headlights!

Errordeck

I've read around on the forums. I keep seeing people who change their MB6 26mm ARB for one of a MG ZS. How thick is that exactly? Anyone knows?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last saturday we managed to get the downpipe done. It was an awful long day. We started at 8:30, it took till 19:00 when the car was on te ground again. The guy who welded it for me lives more than an hour away from me, so I sat in the car at around 7:00 am and was home at 20:30. Mrs. Errordeck couldn't laugh about that :-)

But! The exhaust is now charger-ready!!! And I'm very happy with that, it was well worth the effort.

It leaks somewat at the flange, but that's because no 'pakking' (lost the english word...). I ordered one, so when it arrives I'll mount it and it will be nice and quiet again.

Unfortunately I do not have pictures, because the camera broke down. Tonight I'm buying a new one so tomorrow or friday I will upload some pics.

edit: 'pakking' is gasket :D

Good morning lads,

As is don't have time to translate all to English, I just copy-pasted it from the forums to share it with you as well.

Enjoy!

Camera doet t weer!

Afgelopen zaterdag bij Jelger van JelFab.com geweest. Super kerel die ik iedereen kan aanraden.

Na heel veel passen en meten en lassen en zweten zit de custom downpipe op de turbospruit.

Was een erg lange dag maar wat mij betreft zeker waard!

Eerst de 4-2-1 spruit eraf gehaald, daarna charger aan de aircopompsteun gehangen. Ruimte voor de uitlaat vd charger is wel iets krapper dan ik me had voorgesteld, maar dat moet goedkomen denk ik! Wellicht iets slijpen in het frame vooraan, maar niks ernstigs.

De lambdabung die bovenop zit is waarschijnlijk kromgetrokken van het lassen ofzo, want de moer wil er niet uit. Die moet er binnenkort dus een keer uit en dan en tap erdoorheen halen, zodat ik ook wat aan dat gat heb. Gelukkig zat er een bung onderin die ik heb kunnen gebruiken. Maar mijn idee was; we zijn nu toch bezig dus dan maar gelijk voor het gemak ding erbij doen..

Het geheel komt iets lager uit dan ik gehoopt had, het is natuurlijk ook wat groter (2,5") en ik heb hem dus op een paar drempels al geraakt. wat een @#*(%&^@#$(^geluid is dat toch zeg :lol: Tussen de downpipe en de carterpan zit zo'n 2 cm ofzo.

Hij lekt iets, maar dat komt omdat ik geen pakking had voor die turbospruit (inmiddels onderweg). TOen ie nog niet lekte merkte ik dat de uitlaat een stuk stiller was dan ervoor, en dat ie onderin soepeler trok. Dat had ik niet verwacht eigenlijk.

Nu moet achteraan nog een keer die vernauwing uit de middenpijp+einddemper gehaald worden, en wellicht een andere demper. Maar dat laatste weet ik nog niet.

Goed, foto's:

Ruimte voor chargeruitlaat:

IMG_9134.jpg

genoeg ruimte voor de intake, downpipe loopt er mooi omheen:

IMG_9133.jpg

Charger is er nog steeds af te halen zonder dat de downpipe daarvoor los moet! (ben ik wel blij mee!)

IMG_9132.jpg

die @$#)(*%&$bung!

IMG_9131.jpg

random:

IMG_9130.jpg

Zo laag hangt het nu (bumper gaat door de vti-s lip ook nog lager uitkomen)

IMG_9135.jpg

Ik ben er erg tevreden mee. Jelger zelf iets minder omdat enkele lassen door tijdsdruk niet zo mooi uit zijn gekomen als hij graag gezien had. Maar dat doet aan zijn inzet helemaal niks af!

Nogmaals, kan hem iedereen aanraden voor custom werk!

Heb trouwens nog wat spul thuisliggen van Jelger bedenk ik me nu, dat nog niet op de foto staat. Komt dus nog!

PS: If you want, I can move this to the Projects section for you. Save you copying all the posts and photos ;)8-)

What are advantages of moving/copying to projects forum?

Well I think I like that, it sure sounds like I'm cool! :mrgreen:

Good morning lads,

As is don't have time to translate all to English, I just copy-pasted it from the forums to share it with you as well.

Enjoy!

Camera is doing the weather!

Last Saturday at Jelger of JelFab.com been. Super guy who I can recommend anyone.

After a lot of welding and fitting and measuring, and sweating is the custom downpipe on the turbo shoot.

Was a very long day but worth it for me!

4-2-1 shoot first taken off, then the charger to pump air support hung. Space for the exhaust vd charger is a bit tighter than I had imagined, but it should be fine I think! Perhaps something grinding in front of the frame, but nothing serious.

The lambdabung on top is probably warped from welding or something, because the nut does not come out. Who must soon so once and then pick through it and drain, so I have some of that hole. Fortunately there was a bung at the bottom that I can use. But my idea was, we are still doing so then but as a convenience thing to do there ..

The whole is slightly lower than I had hoped, it is also larger (2.5 ") and so I gave him a few barriers have fallen.#*(%&^@#$(^ What a sound is it say between the downpipe and the oil sump is about 2 cm or so.

He is leaking something, but that's because I did not pack for that shoot turbo (now on the road). When he is not leaking, I noticed that the exhaust much quieter than before, and he went smoother bottom. I did not really expect.

Now back again to constriction of the mid pipe + silencer removed, and perhaps another damper. But this I do not know.

Well, pictures:

Room for charger outlet:

IMG_9134.jpg

enough space for the intake, downpipe runs nicely around it:

IMG_9133.jpg

Charger is still to be removed without the downpipe to go before! (I'm happy with!)

IMG_9132.jpg

that$#)(*%&$ bung!

IMG_9131.jpg

random:

IMG_9130.jpg

Is so low now (going through the bumper vti-s still out lower lip)

IMG_9135.jpg

I am very happy with it. Jelger themselves a little less because some of the welding time pressure is not as nice as he would have been seen. But that does nothing on his commitment!

Again, can anyone recommend him for custom work!

I also have some stuff from home are Jelger I realize now that is not on the photo. Is therefore more!

Archived