MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

GdUZPlkFcEA

you know what .. it must be just heaven being a petrol head at the nurburgring

[*:2rvp36dr]fast cars
    [*:2rvp36dr]on one of best tracks in the world
    [*:2rvp36dr]talking to petrol heads

:o cant get better than that surely .. unless your wife/girlfriend is/has any of the three above

Food for thought ;)

http://pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=26945

Bucket seats with wrap-around head restraints are not allowed.

20121101_102541.jpg

Screw them, they've lost my business then and a few others I saw there :evil: I would fail on the cage, seat, steering wheel and HANS device. UK track days it is then, which will be a lot cheaper and easier to get to :D

I could probably go round the ring on an organised track days where it is closed to the public but I won't hold my breath. Thanks for the heads up though, I didn't know any of this.

the barrier can cost €1200 to €2500 so dont crash

Seen that first hand, €2900 total bill for one poor idiot that got it wrong.

thats some heavy stoppage power there, cant wait to see this prject completed, looks amazing, definitely wanna see you taking out m3s in the deck, would make my day. loving the car m8, great work

Cheers, slowly coming together now [smash.gif]

I took a few days of work to sort a out some stuff for the car. Collected the new perspex window kit from Plastics 4 Performance so if any other crazy Aerodeck owner wants them they are now available as they have the templates. Test fitted them yesterday and they all lined up properly and the back windows all have the black edging to hide the sealant so a proper job. I will get pictures when I remember to take them :cry:

Also removed all the doors and cut away the bits I won't be needing anymore-

IMG_20130114_165607.jpg

IMG_20130114_165559.jpg

Another few kg's for the bin

IMG_20130114_165551.jpg

Finally, the detail of the cage has begun so I now have harness bars :o

IMG_20130114_165619.jpg

Not long now until I get the chassis back!

great pics,

in the back of my the next time i drive my deck im going to visualise the stripped out shell, they say you should visualise your goals, lol, just kidding im not cool enough to do that

awesome work, glad your windows are ready, i would love that set up on the road with tints, so no one would know iv got a roll cage in the back and a full track set up... keeping it stealth, aerodeck style

great pics,

in the back of my the next time i drive my deck im going to visualise the stripped out shell, they say you should visualise your goals, lol, just kidding im not cool enough to do that

awesome work, glad your windows are ready, i would love that set up on the road with tints, so no one would know iv got a roll cage in the back and a full track set up... keeping it stealth, aerodeck style

lol easiest way to imagine it is to put a concrete mixer in the back of the car full of gravel and have it running while driving, should have a similar effect WACK11111