MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

quote:simple upgrade would be to drop a B16A1 head on it and use an ITR intake.

note:^this would lower CR 9.6 i think.even itr pistons would also be lower CR 9.8 compared too b18c4 10:1 CR

Port the c4 head,+3 angle valve job =its better angled port inlets,and put better pistons in >to increase CR. :idea:

Think Naz means sk2 has not conciderd this angled difference:idea:

but am sure you have an intresting build in mind :)

Didn't know that. Will be a few months until I can afford to do the engine anyway but I will bear it in mind :(

your alignment will be now wrong

I will need to reset the ride height that's for sure, but I think she will need new springs as the corner weights will be a mile off.

Nothing I can do about it now, car is with the roll cage fabricators [smash.gif]

20121105_112238.jpg

Hate towing but the Nissan made it quite easy in the end. At least I don't have to do this again for a few weeks

Looking good, how long will it be until you can collect it?

At least 2 weeks. Probably a bit more as I cheekily asked them to do a few other little jobs like fill in the holes in the bulkhead, cut away the inside of the doors and mount the battery tray in the rear passenger foot well. I'm in no rush, they have said they would try and take pictures during the work :D

I would love to be there to help them with the work but I have to go back to work and couldn't bear to take an angle grinder to her - I'm not that brave :?

P73 US pistons in B18C w/ITR or B16A head CR=10.6 :|

but the sqench is less :? have looks at this anyway >>> :)

eekout.gif1

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/pistons.htm

I love these bits of info, pictures help too :D Cheers.

cant wait to see this :D

You can't wait??!?!?!? I've already chewed my fingernails off WACK11111 lol

this is brilliant, it seem's to my that most of the time when a deck get's stripped, it to donate it heart and soul to an eg or something. but this is brilliant, it's the only track car i know of that could carry all of it spare's with it like wheel's in the car......

A Maze Ing.

Car of the year next year? ;)

Would just be happy to have her back to being a "drivable car for next year" let alone "car of the year" :lol:

Dnt think I've ever seen such a big project in a Deck before.

really looking forward to this :P

I called into Hond-R last night to have a chat about the car and what to do next and they had a 4 dr Civic (EK?) with a K swap being done. Excellent work but I said "why do a 4dr with a K-Swap? It's a lot of work on a car like this", to which I got a funny look and told "and you're doing what to your aerodeck?" I' m hoping this will be at the very least a cool track day car with all the work going in, at worst it will be a talking point at car meets ;)

this is brilliant, it seem's to my that most of the time when a deck get's stripped, it to donate it heart and soul to an eg or something. but this is brilliant, it's the only track car i know of that could carry all of it spare's with it like wheel's in the car......

There are a lot of parts not going back into the car, which I must get round to selling off soon as they are taking up space in the garage - so I am kind of breaking her up :( I know what you mean on being able to carry spares etc. Last years trip to the ring saw me take clothes, tools and some basic spares over with me and that filled the boot. Coming back I had two passengers, their luggage and camping gear loaded to the roof and she plodded along all the way back to the UK no trouble. Couldn't ask any more of the old girl [smitten.gif]

Few more bits have arrived - anyone care to guess what this is for:

20121107_103905.jpg