MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Little bit of work today and moved the car under cover to make taking the glass out a little easier

OEM mess in the corner of the engine bay sick-smileys-1050.gif]

20121027_152006.jpg

Master cylinders gone

20121028_122505.jpg

ABS pump gone

20121028_123725.jpg

and back on her wheels...looks like I could park a bus under those arches WACK11111

20121028_113446.jpg

Slow work this week, but she's now ready for the cage. Might try and take the engine out over the weekend if I get time.

Windows now out

20121031_121722.jpg

But managed to break one with only 3 inches of sealant left cry.gif1

20121031_121728.jpg

Screen out too

20121031_121736.jpg

So as I had some spare time today I started to clear the bulkhead of pipes and mounts. To make it easier I took the intake manifold off and all the wiring on the engine

20121101_122546.jpg

Now on the bad side - seat arrived and it was too tight around my thighs and shoulders to be comfortable. Quick call to Gareth at GSM and we went through other possible options. He managed to overnight me a slightly larger seat in the form of a Corbeau Revolution XL which is a perfect fit for my fat a*s [smitten.gif]

20121101_102541.jpg

That seat is nice :D
That seat... [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

Really comfortable, can't wait to try it :D Still going to need a quick release steering wheel to help me get out of it though!

good work!! them windows are a pig to get out eh. :evil:

Yeah, just a bit! Bought a window seal removal tool and cut the sealant away, still a pig to pull out though. Cracked the corners of the screen but as it's bonded it didn't really do much.