Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

Yeah that's what most won't understand! If I was ever going to get it done once though....... :idea:

Exactly, most people look at those prices and think, well how come I can go down the road and get it done for a fiver?

Don't think his prices are too bad.... But the correction is a little steep. I know it's a lot of work, but £500?? Hmmmm

The thing is, it's probably 2 days work, obviously it would depend on the car condition but from reading it I'd say that is for a rescue of paint that's been treated to way too many £5 car washes and is either full of swirls or sun damaged for example, so it would need examination to make sure there's enough lacquer on there and then a few cutting polish steps with continual examination throughout using pro lighting etc.

Basically you'd be paying for his equipment. (oo'er misses).

• Like 1

The thing is, it's probably 2 days work, obviously it would depend on the car condition but from reading it I'd say that is for a rescue of paint that's been treated to way too many £5 car washes and is either full of swirls or sun damaged for example, so it would need examination to make sure there's enough lacquer on there and then a few cutting polish steps with continual examination throughout using pro lighting etc.

Basically you'd be paying for his equipment. (oo'er misses).

I think our DaveMB2 should see him about TrinityD rather than going for a respray!

I think our DaveMB2 should see him about TrinityD rather than going for a respray!

I've not seen it in the flesh so I can't comment but if he could get away with it, it's a helluva lot cheaper. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As most of you will know I bought a load of gear at Japfest and gave the car a good scrub last weekend!

D89E22D5-D876-4107-AE64-97640EAAEAC4_zps

Two buckets, two claybars (Soft and Medium), what turned out to be a huge mitt, some microfibre cloths, a wheel brush and the ultimate cleaning kit from Autoglym.

Few products that really stood out for me were the interior cleaner the tyre shine and wheel cleaner, both from the autoglym pack!

Products I didn't enjoy, the autoglym glass polish, autoglym shampoo and the giant mitt!

Instead I ended up using my mates meguires glass cleaner and a spare mitt he had! 

The shampoo would bubble up nicely in the bucket but when you wipe it on the car it looked like there was nothing there! Kept dumping more and more into the bucket but no change! 

Two dips of the mitt into either bucket would empty it, it's the Hobnob of the mitt world! :lol:

• Dave unpinned this topic