EP82's Aerodeck Pic super heavy

ep82

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just siliconed it back together today and hopefully it will be 100% dry by tuesday as I will be getting some silver indicators. So going to put everything back on at once.

it's not hard to do. only took about 1 1/2 hours each from stripping, cleaning (inside) polish the outside lens and putting it back together. :D i think it's well worth it tho

Thats gonna look sweet when you get them on mate. Like you said in the how to, wouldve been cool to have them without the lense on the headlight aswell, as it really clens them up and makes them look so modern without the lense. It got me thinking tho, HID kits are apparently not legal on our car (although most pass the mot) due to the headlight having a lense, which throws the pattern everywhere. I think you may have stumbbled across a possible remedy to make them legal!!! if you had an HID kit fitted, i wonder if the mot would pass without the lense headlight lense??? One to look into i think ;)

Very smooth looking deck... a good example on how to improve the looks of a car just by subtle changes. Especially the grill looks so good that i've started to think about de-chroming my deck's grille too. What have you planned for next?

Dave. some reason I can post again :?

Yeah I thought about HID and make it completely clear but I think HID cars tend to have a slight pattern on the chrome reflector to angel the beam pattern. Whereas ours is completely smooth so I guess the light would go everywhere and more of the mess than with the patterned lens.

Plan next?? Get these bad boy lights on and then something very minor but cosmectic ;) you will have to wait and see. I can't do much more as it's a family car and I cant go cray with coilovers and exhaust :lol:

Archived