**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

I only captured the speedo as it wasn't easy trying to film on the dashboard :roll: I just went out for a drive trying to keep up with my mates Golf GTi.. My car doesn't seem to want to go over 100mph since I fitted the K&N 57i cold air filter? Sounds really nice considering its only got a standard exhaust system 8-) Anyway I uploaded a video, sorry about the bad quality. And a bit of wheel spin fail at 3:30 :lol:

p6qxCqPnSvg

I only captured the speedo as it wasn't easy trying to film on the dashboard :roll: I just went out for a drive trying to keep up with my mates Golf GTi.. My car doesn't seem to want to go over 100mph since I fitted the K&N 57i cold air filter? Sounds really nice considering its only got a standard exhaust system 8-) Anyway I uploaded a video, sorry about the bad quality. And a bit of wheel spin fail at 3:30 :lol:

Is that a panel filter or the whole kit?

The K&N panel filter split when I pressure washed it too hard :roll: But I had a K&N 57i cone filter as spare. So I'm using this for the moment until I get another K&N panel filter. It feels a lot more responsive at bottom end but loses power at top end (even though you can still hear vtec kick-in at 4500rpm if you listen carefully lol) But my setup now - K&N cone filter now sits where the resonator use to be using a long metal induction pipe, which I got very cheap from ebay :D

i shall have to put a vid the same up myself see the difference between your mb3 and mine 8-)8-)

Haha yes please do! :D I don't see a lot of mb3 acceleration vids on Youtube..

I will try to record one when i go to work tonight (friday) LOL should get a few good chances for some get up and go 8-)8-)

i shall have to put a vid the same up myself see the difference between your mb3 and mine 8-)8-)

Haha yes please do! :D I don't see a lot of mb3 acceleration vids on Youtube..

I will try to record one when i go to work tonight (friday) LOL should get a few good chances for some get up and go 8-)8-)

thanks for the video, reminds me of some fun times...

ill b on the lookout for your vid too mr brown, this should be good...

Well those stickers were a waste of 3 quid.. so I binned them. The rear spoiler is loose because the plastic threads are broken. The car is idling its tits off again! Oh and the boot wont shut.. WTF is going here?! Had enough for now lol