**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

heres something to compare it to! :P a video of my mb2 when it was stock doing a 0-60 also with a burst exhaust lol

:o That is waaay faster than my M! Sounds nice too :D

you think?? ill do another 0-60 video with all the mods ive done and see how it is :) sounds a lot nicer now :twisted:

A friend of mine got a Piper Performance back box (3.5" tail and 2.25" straight through) that he would sell to me for 50 quid. Its brand spanking new! drool.gif1 But its a universal fit so it will take a few modifications to make it fit. And is it worth fitting? I'm just worried because it will affect my insurance big time.. Take it or leave it? banghead.gif1

546970_472154112849466_1452338181_n_zpsb8fad978.jpg

just ask your insurance company first.....

"And is it worth fitting"

personal choice bud... most custom exhaust places will build you a back box for£110-£140 and cat back for £250ish it depends what you want

I phoned up the insurance company today and said the rear silencer on my car is blowing (my excuse :lol: ) and want to purchase a stainless steel Piper back box as its cheaper to replace. This girl over the phone (she sounds hot) asked me is it a performance item? Me being an idiot I said yes... She then said that will be fine to use belongs its not violating the uk road requirements or something like that.. It doesn't make any sense but i'm not complaining :lol:

Yep! :D But for an extra 50 quid or a bit more, I can get a proper custom made back box like you guys said. So I will give it a few weeks and see what happens. I want to do it the proper way ;)

Still no plans on getting a custom made backbox as I got to renew the road tax soon.. :evil: But I am looking to get fog lights but no sure what style to go for. I wanted to get mb6 fogs but they are hard to find and can be expensive. I'm thinking about getting these from Halfords or Ebay and tint them yellow, fit them in the middle bumper vent either side of the registration number plate.. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140891873762? ... 97.c0.m619

What do you guys think?