**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Oh and just my opinion, I think coilovers are overkill for a daily..

From experience, make them soft and comfy and car bounces about. Set them up so the car responds how you want and you break your back everytime you drive over a wet leaf.

I'm talking dear coilovers. Tein, gaz, d2 all the same.

Surely cheap coilovers are awful???

I reckon some sensible lowering springs would suffice and not break the bank.

Cool, so from your experience good quality springs are good for daily use? I cannot justify spending 200 - 300 quid on coilovers which I don't need. I only want my car lowered purely for looks. I am happy how she handles, I don't thrash it around corners and it's only a little 1.5... And saying cheap coilovers are awful, you get what you pay for I guess. How low did the G-Max springs drop your MB6? Knights M doesn't look too low which is what I like   :smile:

I wasn't saying getting those crappy coilover sleeves as they are CRAP! yeah the ones I have are the ones with blue springs had them nearly 2 years on my daily and no problems what so ever, but might be too harsh for you, different people have different opinions. go for what you will feel happy with :)

I wasn't saying getting those crappy coilover sleeves as they are CRAP! yeah the ones I have are the ones with blue springs had them nearly 2 years on my daily and no problems what so ever, but might be too harsh for you, different people have different opinions. go for what you will feel happy with :)

I stay well away from sleeves haha. I would like to go for good lowering springs but for not much more, I can get myself ebay coilovers?  ^_^

Well the sub is gone. I'm going to miss that window shattering bass but I need the boot space. On the plus side I bought a set of Edge 6x9's and Edge 6.5" component door speakers with separate tweeters! I am not keen on Edge audio but then I haven't installed or tried them yet. I will be hooking them all up to my JBL amp which was originally used for the subwoofer. Got a couple shots of the M wearing her new shoes  :grin:

SAM_0538.jpg

SAM_0541.jpg

Well the sub is gone. I'm going to miss that window shattering bass but I need the boot space. On the plus side I bought a set of Edge 6x9's and Edge 6.5" component door speakers with separate tweeters! I am not keen on Edge audio but then I haven't installed or tried them yet. I will be hooking them all up to my JBL amp which was originally used for the subwoofer. Got a couple shots of the M wearing her new shoes  :grin:

SAM_0538.jpg

SAM_0541.jpg

You removed your sub NOOOOO but but i i i :cry:  :cry: . LOL needs must i guess i used to have the amp bolted to my amp with one big gold splitter block so i could take it out really quick and easy..

She is looking sweet with her new shoes on nice pics mate like the perspective in the first one.....

You removed your sub NOOOOO but but i i i :cry:  :cry: . LOL needs must i guess i used to have the amp bolted to my amp with one big gold splitter block so i could take it out really quick and easy..

She is looking sweet with her new shoes on nice pics mate like the perspective in the first one.....

I know mate :roll: The subwoofer had a hard life so I thought I sell it whilst it's working. I want boot space but I really need that bass back, I cannot live without it because I love my drum & bass, dubstep, Electonica techno & the rest of it! So I will probably get another one, a bigger and better one haha :wink:  

I was walking through this alley and saw whats on the above picture and thought... I gotta get a picture of that! So out come the camera  :wink:

I know mate :roll: The subwoofer had a hard life so I thought I sell it whilst it's working. I want boot space but I really need that bass back, I cannot live without it because I love my drum & bass, dubstep, Electonica techno & the rest of it! So I will probably get another one, a bigger and better one haha :wink:  

I was walking through this alley and saw whats on the above picture and thought... I gotta get a picture of that! So out come the camera  :wink:

LOL you will def need a sub back with those genres mate bet it sounds the bollocks i only recently accepted that i had to admit to liking some Dubstep and now can not wait to get my system in to listen to it

And quick response with the camera work my phone is my camera and it is playing up so no quick shots for me if i  see something and think oh picture i got to stand around fiddling with the phone for ten mins lurking around like some perv LOL

• Like 1

PMSL i just read my previous message back and thought where did that swear word come from not only why did the swear filter not catch it but i really really don't remember typing it

I guess i must of LOL i know what to do

drag.gif1

drag.gif1

No still don't remember....

• Like 1