**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

sure you want to do that? how cheap are the springs?

Maybe these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-5door-V-tec-Vti-MB6-7-LOWERING-SPRINGS-/200642062620?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb732e91c 

There was some Eibach springs made for MB3 for only 120 quid but I cannot find them...

The new rims look very nice mate...change the look of your car completely...You should refurbish them though...its not that hard...I did mine and really loved seeing the end result...freshens them up nicely :)

Its catch up time again LOL  can not answer question about shocks as i do not know but will be intrested to find the answer when somebody with the know how answers as i shall be needing to get some soon

Re the wheels im my humble opinion the new wheels suit really wheel mate maybe later down the line a refurb would be nice on them though

So what other than your springs do we have to look forward to seeing or have you also caught (one of) Knights diseases and keeping all upcoming mods under your metaphorical hat... 

Maybe these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-5door-V-tec-Vti-MB6-7-LOWERING-SPRINGS-/200642062620?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb732e91c

There was some Eibach springs made for MB3 for only 120 quid but I cannot find them...

surely it wouldn't take that much longer to save up for coilovers, the ones on my car come up on ebay every so often for £160!

but depends how badly you want lows.

New wheels look  B)

I wouldn't go for those springs mate, either go for the coilovers like Craig (fyfie5) has or Larkspeed still have a clearance offer on the Koni strt kit for Civic M's.

The new rims look very nice mate...change the look of your car completely...You should refurbish them though...its not that hard...I did mine and really loved seeing the end result...freshens them up nicely :)

Thanks! I couldn't believe how much of a difference it make! I'm well happy with the wheels, it even puts a smile on the Civic  :grin: Yeah I should've refurbish the wheels first but there are too many spokes!

Its catch up time again LOL  can not answer question about shocks as i do not know but will be intrested to find the answer when somebody with the know how answers as i shall be needing to get some soon

Re the wheels im my humble opinion the new wheels suit really wheel mate maybe later down the line a refurb would be nice on them though

So what other than your springs do we have to look forward to seeing or have you also caught (one of) Knights diseases and keeping all upcoming mods under your metaphorical hat... 

Thanks Mr.B! They will be refurbed but not by me haha. I know someone who might do them for me cheap as chips  :wink: 

Yeah I think I have caught that 'must do mods' disease again... but I'm on a really tight budget right now. I am itching to wrap the dash trims and brighten-up the calipers with a bit of colour... so they should be next but I want to give my car more lows more than anything! banghead.gif1  

nice videos!! but what was the time?? for 0-60?? and the wheels have completely changed the look of your car nice work  :wink:

Cheers! I haven't timed what she does 0-60 but it is surprisingly quick! I sometimes think something been played with in the engine somewhere... :wink:  

surely it wouldn't take that much longer to save up for coilovers, the ones on my car come up on ebay every so often for £160!

but depends how badly you want lows.

Oh the time will come (I said that last year) but I have seen those coilovers before, they got blue springs? I might go for them when car insurance is sorted out  :smile:

New wheels look  B)

I wouldn't go for those springs mate, either go for the coilovers like Craig (fyfie5) has or Larkspeed still have a clearance offer on the Koni strt kit for Civic M's.

Ooo that sounds interesting.. but I have to sort out the insurance first as I also said to Craig. I only want to go low as anywhere between 30 - 40mm. Cheers...  :wink:

G max springs dude. They last really well. very Cheap. And actually drive very well.

I used mine for years, now knights got em.

Dont go too cheap like those crappy eBay sleeves. I think that would be regrettable!!

Oh and just my opinion, I think coilovers are overkill for a daily..

From experience, make them soft and comfy and car bounces about. Set them up so the car responds how you want and you break your back everytime you drive over a wet leaf.

I'm talking dear coilovers. Tein, gaz, d2 all the same.

Surely cheap coilovers are awful???

I reckon some sensible lowering springs would suffice and not break the bank.