**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Nice dash trims, so much better than wood, I think the only people who like wood trim are golfers and you've seen the way they dress. :???:  :???:

Haha! You are 100% right there... Thanks mate  :grin:

Nothing new but I have hit 6000 miles so a full service will be done tomorrow!

Mobil1 10w40 oil (hope its better than the Castrol Magnetic sh*t)
K&N oil filter

Fuel filter

Pollen filter (never been changed)
And... NGK Platinum spark plugs.

Nothing will be done mods wise for a while because MOT is due 11th October and then insurance 12 October... typical the insurance has to be on the next day, oh yeah and my clutch is slipping... Just my luck aye haha  :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Time to catch up as I haven't been on here since I got GTA V! :lol:  The Civic is now fully serviced and she sounds quieter when cold, but that could be my imagination... Got a quote from the insurance as its due soon. I was expecting to pay around £1200 but it's dropped to a whopping £780! So what does this mean? Spare pennies to finally lower her! :D 

Is there any good sites to look for lowering springs / coilovers? I am looking to spend say.... £300 tops. Cheers lads  ;)

good news on the insurance! for £300 to spend on coilovers you can get a decent 3 way adjustable 2nd hand set, which means you can adjust the height obviously, ride stiffness and the preload of the spring. have a look on ebay for some 2nd hand branded ones!

• Like 2

good news on the insurance! for £300 to spend on coilovers you can get a decent 3 way adjustable 2nd hand set, which means you can adjust the height obviously, ride stiffness and the preload of the spring. have a look on ebay for some 2nd hand branded ones!

I like the sound of those, I will keep my eyes open for them! I got like 10 coilovers on watch on ebay but I cannot decide which ones to go for. Do you know if the EK's or EG's fit our MB's? I know its one of them  :?:

lowering excellent i can not wait for you mate we all know what a difference it makes...

I cannot wait too! It was one of the first things I wanted to do when I got my car. But I keep getting caught up with other things lol  :roll: