Steveolkinevels CTR Premier Edition: Nearly there now!

steveolkinevel

cheers guys, it darkens the interior up nicely for that stealthy look, next im going to try and get a second head lining and recover it in a black suede fabric or similar.

Also what do you guys think about a light tint on the front windows just to sort of blend the rear to the front abit? :?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, it darkens the interior up nicely for that stealthy look, next im going to try and get a second head lining and recover it in a black suede fabric or similar.

Also what do you guys think about a light tint on the front windows just to sort of blend the rear to the front abit? :?

Do it!!! But by a Pro + be carefull of five-0 and laws on the darkness (%age) ;)

Do it!!! But by a Pro + be carefull of five-0 and laws on the darkness (%age) ;)

plod focus diesel v CTR??? :lol:[smash.gif]

no i wouldnt go dark enough to draw attention just to blend it if you know what i mean. ;)

• 2 months later...

nice ep mate, I am most probably getting one as well in a matter of weeks and the dash wrap is definitely a must have mod for me too...but I will need to get a double din navi unit and do edm to ukdm dash conversion to move the touch screen unit further from the stick before I can do the cf wrap ;o]

already too much plans for the car I don't even have yet

those hatches look mean in NHBP on black wheels...I guess I'll have to get a set of 16s though for our crappy roads so I'll probably end up getting rpf1s and beefy 225/50 tires

Thanks bud, havnt realy heard of that mod to be honest, moving the double din.

I looked all over england for a black prem with black wheels, air con, fogs and the satnav but there wasnt one, closest i got was this, every thing minus the satnav, my mates got one he said i could have but my stereos got bluetooth usb snd parrot hands free so dont know if im gonna change it.

well I don't think anyone would want the dash conversion in uk...maybe to usdm one to have the navi closer to driver....but I haven't even seen any EDM with neither USDM nor UKDM dash which is what I want to do. The UKDM and USDM are basically the same, but mirrored. The EDM has the heater controls not on side, but on the upper side, so the whole stereo hole is lower than in US/UK models and quite close to the shifter which might be an issue when operating the touchscreen. I want to get some cheap double din navi/carpc from china and it would be better to have it higher since I won't have to look down at navi as much as I would have to if I stick with EDM dash. Also the ukdm (compared to usdm) will move the navi closer and heater control further which makes more sense for me since I will need to operate the heaters much less often than the navi unit.

Also I think the UKDM/USDM dash looks much fresher than the oldschool EDM design.

EDM:

http://image.sportcompactcarweb.com/f/8 ... d_View.jpg

USDM:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3266/3131 ... bc2e_z.jpg

UKDM:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... G_1354.jpg

I am not even sure if UKDM EP3s were sold with navi as an option...the JDM probably were as that was the case with S2K as well...I've only seen JDM S2Ks having factory fitted navi.

btw love your old MB6 in the sig.....the Orleans Blue Pearl looks great on black painted stock alloys....had the same color on my first mb6...the second one was pirate black....I will always have a soft spot for M and I will miss mine everytime I see a nice one or hear that B-series roar in some vid....imho the B-series have more character than the Ks but I feel like I need a change and better stop at best and enjoy the sweet memories of it

• 2 weeks later...

btw steveolkinevel how do you find the ride quality compared to your lowered mb6 with stock alloys?

reading about the ultra harsh ride of EP3 CTR I am worried it will be unbearable in my city....I would get some 16inch wheels to improve the ride quality but wonder if it will be enough...when I got my second mb6 it was lowered 40mm and with 16inch 205/45 and 225/40 and it was very bad on our roads....later I swapped the wheels for stockies 195/55/15 and it was way better even with the same suspension drop....could have probably lived with that already, but in the end I went back to stock springs cause I didn't like slowing down that often because of bad roads

I am planning to use 225/50/16....there are many guys running those tires on ephatch, some had to roll the rear, but guess on stock ride height I won't have to do that

sidewall for 225/50/16 is 113 mm (4.4'')

sidewall of the stock mb6 tires 195/55/15 is 107 mm (4.2'')

you will be fine with the ride on the ep3, what you have to remember is that they love a tyre with a hard sidewall -- such as bridgestones or similiar.

it is not very harsh, mine was on coilovers and it was fine. Friend had a stock ep3 and that drives nice.

A lot of the harsh ride comments are from the reviews when it was new, the dampers/springs will have seen wear now and will be a little better.

the sat nav is an optional extra, quite rare but not the greatest tbh.. there were a few different options including a normal stereo and 6 cd changer in the boot or the din panel below the headunit.

Premier is the best,