Steveolkinevels CTR Premier Edition: Nearly there now!

steveolkinevel

Had a serious amount of stress with the bloody insurance companys! The pi55 heads insurance company wasnt going to accept liability for the accident even tho my car was parked up and she was drunk and rammed my car 10yard up the road and threw a wall! WTactualF?! So was going to cost me a grand for my excess! Then they said that i hadnt declared my car was a premier edition when i took out the insurance!! Told them it should come back on the reg number which it does when they looked into it!

So after more bickering with the engineer, they har wrote it off as they said it would be £5414 to repair, so im getting £400 more than i paid for the car in the first place and im getting the car back for £1000! It works out that ive only paid £600 for it!

So im going to strip all the pannels off that i can then take the car to a body works center near me and get them to check it on a jig, if its all good it will be getting repaired then put back on the road, if not then she will be stripped for parts.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat C then! Hopefully it's not too bad underneath but I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least a grands worth of straightening out involved if you do repair it! I think the cost to repair vs the cost to replace wouldn't work out, but worth stripping down for parts for a K20 project!? :idea:

I hate insurance companies too, they are nice when you speak to them to they take your money, then when you need to claim its always grief!

You might do alright with this, fingers crossed you do as it was out of your hands in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

well i have got the car back now, minus the half a tank of fuel that was in it! and its tax disc! and some young knob as been having a good blat around the yard in it because the B pipe i borrowed off a mate that was new is scraped to death now! and my nice new front tyres no longer have there bobbles on! the drivers side door cars also has grubby oil marks on it! Thanks DA Autos!

Anyway ive just recieved a new passenger side skirt, going to staffod on sunday with a bit of luck for some new doors in NHB too, im waiting on a new rear hub and trailing arm as this is what was bent floor looks straight as so thats good news.

parts needed now are passenger wing (and rivers if in good nick) should get away with a quick paint on drivers

a set of alloys not fussed about tyres. if anyone knows any one please pm me

then a dam good mopping!

vic check

MOT - sorted!

ForSale.

then lies the biggest question......... What do i get next, ATM im after either an EK4 or an EM1 coupe preferably in black to go down the turbo route, cant chase figures in an EP3 unless you have had a lotto win! :(

also looked at subarus etc but i think to myself if out goes wrong in there its going to be horrible!!!