James' Silver low Mb4 build. COTM winner November 2013

jamestopdog

Anyone direct me to a link on how to do a air con delete please?

It's pretty simple really dude. Just start at the front and work your way back.

AC rad out. Disconnect the wiring. Cut the belt easiest. Take pump off.

There's a little tensioner pulley to come off. Then start pulling the pipes. Careful with the pump as it'll be full of oil.

Battery needs to come out to disconnect the pipes that go through bulk head.

Gets tricky if you want to remove the bit inside the car so I'd suggest leaving that in for now.

Bit of silicone in the holes to bung it up.

Happy days.

• Like 2

Hope you get water leak sorted soon, i just had to silicon under scuttle panel along bottom of windscreen but mine only leaked when in heavy rain!

If you've tried everything, windscreen sealed, sunroof drains etc maybe its the main sunroof rubber seals which are gone!! Thats why mine mists up inside but only way around it is full new sunroof jobbie so i believe! :(

Before you silicon it all wipe it all down so it's dry, then when it next rains or you can see water inside you'll be able to tell better if it's coming in from the screen or not, I thought mine was windscreen but it turned out to be the tail gate seal (weather strip Honda call it)!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm well 2014 taking a turn for the worse! Only got a few weeks left in my job that ive been doing for 8 years, travelled 120'000 miles getting there everyweek and my 'mate' who owns the shop has rented it out to someone else without offering it to me! No mates in business folks i warn you :(

Anyway enough of the hard luck story.

Need to raise cash, the mb ...sell or break? What do you reckon?

Sorry to hear that mate. Life does suck sometimes. Hope you get something sorted soon. I saw you selling your wheels on eBay. I would say try to sell it. But don't sell it!

Not good to hear that mate, I was looking forward to seeing what direction it was going to take so it'd be a shame to sell or break it. :(

Maybe something will come up before it gets to that .

Not good to hear that mate, I was looking forward to seeing what direction it was going to take so it'd be a shame to sell or break it. :(

Maybe something will come up before it gets to that .

I know im gutted too mate, thing is I need to free up garage space too, as i been buying selling furniture last couple of years and going to try and get a shop and do it and need the extra storage plus all the money i can get my hands on .

Oh s**t mate that's a bummer. Hope u find something soon so it means u don't need to do either.

Has to go mate unfortunately :(