I'm quite calm about mine, I guess it's because I was kind of expecting to do it, just not as soon as I am and also because I already have the contingency plan because of having to be without before I'm not in a panic about it.

To be honest I think we're all fighting a battle with these, let's face it the youngest of them are 13 years old and most of us use them as daily drivers on terrible roads with lowered/stiffened suspension so these things do happen, unfortunately sometimes everything happens at once.

Hopefully the exhaust may just have been knocked and need some adjusting and once you get some of the other bits done you'll start enjoying it again. :)

• Like 2

Unfortunately they always seem to come at the same time Phil and it really does seem that you have had it really bad the last couple of months!

As Nick has said though, it needs to be taken with these cars that beuase of thier age and the things we have done to them, its inevitable..

What's happened is that the stainless steel exhaust is mounted on the old mild steel mid section to cat flange, that's rotted out and given up,

Ear bleeding noise, unless your at 2500-3000 rpm, or in VTEC.. Then it screams nicely...