Marko's MB6

marko

Awesome job on the wheels- loads better. Those aftermarkets were a bit minging, maybe strip the two decent tyres off if they're worth it and weigh them in.

And my fave mod so far adding at least like 15-20 whp are these bad boys :)

null_zps2062cbb0.jpg

Serously one of the best performance mods you can do 8-) and insurance free! I rock Puma speedcats myself, you can keep them in the car if they're too disco bootie for the office etc.

So been messing around again this morn tryna sort this suspension mess out unfortunately it's giving me a hard time :/

Have 2 problems with it number 1

null_zpsc180c392.jpg

I've got the piece of lca out that the scrapper left in for me trouble is now I'm left with a stud in the nut that's not actually a nut it's just a nut shaped lug with a thread welded to the arm :/

And number two should I replace this bush?

null_zps2aeffc56.jpg

With issue 1- you still have 1/4" of thread to play with so soak it in WD40 for an hour heat it with a blowtorch then extract it backwards with mole grips (make sure that you have cut it through the thread not the smooth section of the shaft). If that doesn't work cut it flush, drill it through and try a rotary bolt extractor. If that doesn't work grind the lug off and use a new nylock nut instead.

With the trailing arm bush it's best to replace them while the arm is off the car. They have a fairly short life span and are not expensive, some of the cheaper pattern parts wear out even quicker than the Honda or MG oem ones though. There are plenty of aftermarket solutions (I am currently running Energy Suspension inserts with no issues) but for cost and comfort the oem ones are still best. There is a tool for doing them but most people just use a copper hammer, paint mark the arms though to get the new ones in the same place. If you are planning to lower the car you can pre 'clock' them which will make them last longer being rotated at a different angle.