Marko's MB6

marko

Poly defo worth it yeah. I changed the bushes myself. The ones in the bar are easy. The ones in droplink are easy too if ya know how.

simply wreck the old bush, pull metal tube out etc. Once out grease up new bush and using a vice or similar just squash it in dead simple. Dont use any other tool, just squah hem and they'll pop in in seconds

Lol yeah I'll be sat at home with my wire wheel wire brush and Hammerite tidying them arb then if it's dry enough I'll fit the poly bushes should be real easy to fit without a vice with a simple improvised "tool" I'll get some photos as I'm doing it :)

quick update/write up.

first of all removing the bushes from my MGZS ARB and droplinks.

so the ARB and L bracket bushes basically fell off but the bushes in the droplink were a pain for 5mins until i took a hack saw to the rubber part of the link on one side and just cut through it then the bush again just fell out.

null_zps97793796.jpg

sorry for the bad quality pics but its real hard to take a photo on a touch screen with gloves on :/

null_zps71107293.jpg

i assume at this point everybody knows how to unbolt the brackets and droplinks from the ARB itself eitherway it was simply 6 10mm bolts

i then proceeded to remove the rust with a wire brush scraper and a wire wheel in a drill, then i etched the rest of tthe ARB with a 240grit sand paper to give the paint something to grip

null_zpsf43f2994.jpg

and lastly the the first lick of paint think i will splash out and get spray hammerite next time easier to get a better finish with spray's :)

null_zpsff584cdc.jpg

best way to increase post count? hmmm... i know ill just update every time i fasten a bolt up :D shhh.. dont telll the boss!

lol well Euro Car parts ltd are the worst ordered parts on the 12th and im expecting to receive them tomorrow or wed :S okay so what about my MOT caus thats up on wed too? i hate euro so so much

and here is my improve droplink bush fitting tool :D and polybushed droplinks?

null_zps5243b216.jpg

null_zps013f5a22.jpg

Haha that's one way to do it Nahh I'll get there eventually picked up a trailing arm before guy wanted 20 pound for one section of handbrake cable though so now I need a Handbrake cable and I am wondering if the mgzs one fits as I can just got pick that one up from the scrappeR