Gaz's mb2 build

garyvtec

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As silly as it sound i would rather put a b18 in it than go and buy a vti. Its not that i wouldnt love a vti it's just that i love the sence of achievment you get when you've completed a project that youv put all your efort into. Think the h22 is the best option i just hope it will be kinda straight forward and not a head melter of a swap

Not many people do H22 Swaps, i would stick with a B18 as there are loads around and it should be an easier swap. Also you can get more power out of the B18 as there are more tuning parts.

There isn't that many b18's around over here and any that i have seen are around £1500 but you can get the h22's with all the running gear for under £500 and i reckon 220bhp is a fair amount of power for my mb

Although if anyone knows a good place to get cheap b series engines let me know. Id spend around

£1000 max on an engine and running gear

You could buy a whole VTi for that ;)

I know buddy but like i said id rather do a swap and build the car myself than buy a vti. Im pretty wierd like that i wouldnt buy a car thats been modified already id rather buy a standard one then make it my own i know its a bit stange and more expencive but sure yolo lol

Although if anyone knows a good place to get cheap b series engines let me know. Id spend around

I know buddy but like i said id rather do a swap and build the car myself than buy a vti. Im pretty wierd like that i wouldnt buy a car thats been modified already id rather buy a standard one then make it my own i know its a bit stange and more expencive but sure yolo lol

x2 to this! know exactly how you feel as i have a mb2 aswell and if could do an engine swap i would want to do the h22!

x2 to this! know exactly how you feel as i have a mb2 aswell and if could do an engine swap i would want to do the h22!

X3 yer that's the modding thing :D you can always say why not just get a ___________ but thats missing the point of making something diff or better

But yes you could do what Tom says it be better strip the vti and get the upgrades off that [smitten.gif]