Dinochips Project mb6

dinochips

Yours did have a massive tyre wall though!

I had put the wheel (less tyre) on the car before hand and even that was sticking way out! Dinochips car looks like its not on crazy camber so was impressed when i saw someone else had put those wheels on! Wish it was mine but i was fed up with all the possible arch work etc!

Dinochips car is lovely and deserved winner of COTM!

More detailed info on wheel fitment/issues would really help others out though......

• Like 2

I had put the wheel (less tyre) on the car before hand and even that was sticking way out! Dinochips car looks like its not on crazy camber so was impressed when i saw someone else had put those wheels on! Wish it was mine but i was fed up with all the possible arch work etc!

Dinochips car is lovely and deserved winner of COTM!

More detailed info on wheel fitment/issues would really help others out though......

hey dude they are grid V 16" i have 195/45/16s on them and yeah standard they rubbed all the way home, had to stretch the arches out over 15mm to make sure they didn't rub any more as I still wanted the crazy grip the tyres give without stretching more on a smaller size. I also didnt want camber on it as fed up of camber wear which i got on my 17's, so putting camber arms weren't a option, and im not into the cambered look.  either way they will  be worth it once i have the arch repairs done later on in the year.

hey dude they are grid V 16" i have 195/45/16s on them and yeah standard they rubbed all the way home, had to stretch the arches out over 15mm to make sure they didn't rub any more as I still wanted the crazy grip the tyres give without stretching more on a smaller size. I also didnt want camber on it as fed up of camber wear which i got on my 17's, so putting camber arms weren't a option, and im not into the cambered look.  either way they will  be worth it once i have the arch repairs done later on in the year.

Thanks for the info mate! Your car is really well put together and nohing to mental which is nice!

I had x4 brand new 205/50/16 tyres on mine and didnt fancy purchasing new ones as that would add loads to my build. I had also up scaled UP my tyres from 40 profile to 50 to give better comfort!! 

I fully expected to get my arches rolled but widened would have been more of a headache for me!! I'm glad you have chosen to do this as the rewards are there to see! I'm just gutted that i don't have those wheels on mine as the alloys i have the now, let the car down somewhat!

Keep up the good work!

If you find them wearing on the inside, camber arms can help with that, not just for making it look like the axle is bent :lol:

Thanks for the info mate! Your car is really well put together and nohing to mental which is nice!

I had x4 brand new 205/50/16 tyres on mine and didnt fancy purchasing new ones as that would add loads to my build. I had also up scaled UP my tyres from 40 profile to 50 to give better comfort!! 

I fully expected to get my arches rolled but widened would have been more of a headache for me!! I'm glad you have chosen to do this as the rewards are there to see! I'm just gutted that i don't have those wheels on mine as the alloys i have the now, let the car down somewhat!

Keep up the good work!

I'd say my original comment was valid about the tyre size, would make a fair bit of difference but even if you had the same size as James you'd still need arch work done, suppose it was always going to be more work than you were wanting to do at the time! But priorities and all that! :smile:

• Like 1

yeah its a bit of a b****r and hurts me everytime i catch the problems in the light. soon as i fi the right guy and cost to have itfixed then i will have it done, wont be for a couple months tho as have alot of shows coming up :)

Guest craigblight

to much camber is pain in a*s. im running 195 45 16 0n my rims and got camber arms so dnt have camber but still wears them out as so low lol 

• 3 weeks later...

It has been along time so thought I would show what I have been up to the past couple weeks.

Decided to start cleaning up and working on my engine bay. I thought the two  tone red and blue wasn't working anymore so decided  just go blue.

Started with carbon wraping my battery and buying a password batery brace.

AF5A0418-1A7E-4DBA-8F5C-3BEC3198702A_zps

Then addressed my rocker rocker once again.

C84FCB50-0C24-49E9-85CC-8F3C1734FF94_zps

painted it black whilst the paint was in the post.

791E6602-F3E3-4E43-92D0-4E2FF2414413_zps

Paint came and so did these beauts!!! :D

IMG_8198_zps6d3cd74d.jpg

also had a few metres of blue silicon hose lying around to changed that. and painted my strut brace dark blue but need more paint to match the rocker cover.

but so far this is what it looks like. still got loads to do.

IMG_8338_zps63a6e18a.jpg

• Like 1