Re: KNK Project. photowhorish!

KiNK43

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm its a KDC-w6541u.

most usb compatible headunits can power a 2.5" hdd.

i took 60gb disc out my old broken laptop and bought a ebay special usb hdd caddy for like 50p. bobs ur uncle!

doesnt like cold mornings tho. if theres a frost i have to warm disc up for a mo. can you blame it tho? haha

all the haters will be pleased to know spoiler back on. didnt like all the rubber bungs in the boot lid. looked a bit bodged. sooo oh well. kept me busy for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

hey hey,

glad to be back so little time to sit on comp or muck about with motor.

just done a service thought id see what all the fuss is about with magnatec oils, so in went a gallon and a new filter, fuel filter etc. seems a lil smoother on the magnatec.

got busy with the rocker cover also. previous owner had butchered it. sprayed it red whilst still on the head. overspray everywhere and looked a bit sh*t to say the least.

nitromors all over it and started scraping, once that did its best, went at it with a wire brush on my trusty 18v drill. came up a treat! alsmost decided to go all out and start polishing it.

gave it 6 coats of halford VHT spray paint following the instructions precisely and it looks ace.

honestly thought it would never look any good out of a rattle can but im really happy with it.

looks a bit rough like this...

P150410_10110001small.jpg

bit better i think...

P150410_13250002small.jpg

• 1 month later...

hey hey..

quick update , my biggest purchase yet. Some 16" Rota Circuit 8's with yokohama s drives. love them so far much grippier and precise in the corners, also looks pretty beefy on them. big difference in appearance.

also new trailing arm bushes. woop! and the all important one... shortened my aerial!

other than that. nothing new. Got serious brake trouble. cant seem to resolve it. even my local garage cant find a problem but the brakes slip like mad under heavy braking and you can hear them grinding in the rear.

strange. see if it passes an MOT in a couuple of months ay.

will post up some pics when ive given her a wash.

Archived