Re: KNK Project. photowhorish!

KiNK43

Hey thought id start to post bits up slowly as i go along. baught my MB6 VTi in August. spent more time ironing out the creases rather than modding it so far.

Car so far.

Came with supersprint 2.25" cat back.

i have removed resonator, fitted k&n 57i

lowered 40mm on eibach springs.

debadged rear.

vtec light.

changed dash colour to blue with red backlighting.

I gave her a good wash yesterday after doin valve clearances. which btw was a complete failre. need to get in there and do again. oh well im learning. Loadsa plans for the future. still got a few niggles to sort and time is at a premium! Photographed yesterday after some funny looks washing in the snow.

frontedit.jpg

frontedit2.jpg

bacedit.jpg

Shame was about to have a set of Rota gt3's off a mate. but i realised the stud diameter is different on his mb1. gutted!

hope you like will keep posting as go along.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. i travelled a long way and waited a long time to find one in good nik tbh wasnt cheap either, paid 2k for it. I absolutely hate rust though!

unfortunately although the exterior is good. some maintenance seems to have been overlooked. keep finding more things that need corecting. but getting there. great cars.

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha. it just gets worse. there is some serious knockin goin on. think a cv joint is bad. clunks when pulling off and turning. clunks in the rear even after changin arb links. trailing arm bushes look shot, probably a whole host of other bushes had it too. dont understand how they can detereorate so rapidly? got through mot 8 weeks ago no warnings. and im well anal bout not hitting bumps in the road.

well im taking it to a garage get them to hunt down the cause, ive not got time to muck about currently then maybe i can get on a mod this thing some more. :( not a happy bunny

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car mate keep up the good work. Can someone confirm if indeed the supersprint system is 2.25"?

I was always lead to believe that the supersprint system was 2" i.e. same diameter as std. This is why Honda offered it as an optional item on the MB6 when new.

Archived