Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

It sounds like an aftermarket immobiliser has been chopped in to the system somehow, the only thing I can suggest is to put it back as it was. :(

He put the wires exactly where they were soldered before, there was nothing extra there. Do you know what are those 2 plugs in the first pic that were left unplugged? One is White one is Black.

As above I reckon it was tapped into that ignition switch. Look at ur last pic looks like a red and black wire been chopped hunt around for some wires

Also if he soldered the wires after maybe blew a fuse somewhere check all fuses and the ones under the bonnet

Simpo the Red and Black wires he soldered back to where they were in the old switch. If you look at the first pic you can see its been soldered in exact place. I will check the fuses to see if any is blown out.

Also if he soldered the wires after maybe blew a fuse somewhere check all fuses and the ones under the bonnet

Definitely worth checking the ecu and ecu back up fuses.

He put the wires exactly where they were soldered before, there was nothing extra there. Do you know what are those 2 plugs in the first pic that were left unplugged? One is White one is Black.

So it went back the way it was? I don't know what they are I'm afraid, hopefully someone will be able to help. Worth reposting in the electrical problems thread, might get more views there.

Yeah still unplugged mate. According to the mechanic the white plug is from the transponder and the Black plug is from ecu but somehow they have been both by-passed. Don't know what the previous owner had done to it. It came with only 1 key. No red key. What does that Green light with the key sign mean?

We are gonna try to put the old switch back and see if they had done anything to the switch to immobilise it

Yeah, if any of these extra wires were attached to the old switch you might need to attach them to the new switch so it looks like it did before. 

• Like 2