Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

Is it not anything to do with ignition switch needs to be paired with the key. Standard immobiliser is in ecu so cannot bypass without modding ecu. So must be a secondary aftermarket immobiliser on top of that.

But you should have your green light on then off if standard immobiliser is working properly

• Like 1

Thats what it looks like mate. If your standard immobiliser was working as it should before (i.e blinking then staying off) now nothing, The blink is the check code saying all present and correct no blink, no start...As mentioned above to bypass the oem immobiliser involves tampering with the brain so they must have added a second system themselfes prob to add the blue light..

Note check the service manual (available in downloads section) I just been looking at it it tells you where all the components are and the fuses are the ones located under the bonnet, not in the fuse box under steering column..

Starts at Section 23-G-3

Section 23-G-7 has full wiring diagram

• Like 2

Yeah I think what the previous owner has done it to by-pass the immobiliser and may be there is an after market one installed somewhere. We tried this yesterday to take the battery terminal off and leave it for a while and then turn ignition on and plug battery back in to see if it restarts the immobiliser and then tried same thing again this morning but still nothing..so around lunch time I left the car at mechanic and came back. 4 o'clock got his phone call to come and collect the car. When I went there he said he tried the battery method again and it WORKED third time :D

Yay  party.gif1  back to normal for now. The new switch is working fine. Starts first time and the Green light comes on like normal. So pleased its back to normal.

• Like 1