**Matts MB3** THE END :(

MB3Matt

My older brother came over late afternoon yesterday looking for the sledge hammer, when I asked him why all I got back was "Its for a Peugeot!", to which I replied with "Wouldn't it just be easier to fix it with fire?" :lol:

A sledgehammer is ever so satisfying though. :)

• Like 1

Looks like I won't be doing it myself then. Shame there's no mechanics near me from the club, would have rather paid some one from here. Better get me some quotes!

should not bee too bad on labour charge, should only be an hours labour and if you get the part yourself you will save a few quid as well.. 

So is it def the c.v, was the boot torn at all ???

Looks like I won't be doing it myself then. Shame there's no mechanics near me from the club, would have rather paid some one from here. Better get me some quotes!

Shame, here's the kit you need: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-DRIVESHAFT-CV-JOINT-BRAND-NEW-90-01-/140887484344?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20cd8c67b8

As Mr B says it shouldn't be more than an hours labour, don't forget when you get quotes to say you'll be supplying the parts.

Did you do the test Krzys suggested?

I forgot to check. Only does it turning right though. Cant think of it being anything else. I'm searching ebay for the part, and all I get is 'cv boot outer kit' is that what I need?

Shame, here's the kit you need: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-DRIVESHAFT-CV-JOINT-BRAND-NEW-90-01-/140887484344?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20cd8c67b8

As Mr B says it shouldn't be more than an hours labour, don't forget when you get quotes to say you'll be supplying the parts.

Did you do the test Krzys suggested?

Cheers Nick, I did it at the end of my cul-de-sac, only clicks turning right.

Click turning right. That'll be ya left shaft then.

40 quid for shaft from jr would be a good shout.

17 quid from the above link. Just need to find the cheapest garage for labour charges.

Click turning right. That'll be ya left shaft then.

40 quid for shaft from jr would be a good shout.

17 quid from the above link. Just need to find the cheapest garage for labour charges.

You really need to find out if it's inner or outer, I can't remember how you tell though. :(

If it's outer, you can get the cv kit I linked, if it's inner you'll need the shaft I'm afraid, just checked and it's only £30 for the shaft so it will be worth getting that if you can't find someone to check it for you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-1-5-DRIVESHAFT-NEAR-SIDE-NEW-95-2000-/130369266112?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5a9d21c0