Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

Worth checking the fluid level mate in the box .. and replacing if a) necessary or B) its not been done recently ..

Clutch could also be a culprit, although not really any way to know for sure without replacing it ..

Out of interest, when you took your measurements for the ride height, where were you measuring? And did you adjust the coilovers so that front and rear were exactly the same?

Also, 10mm of preload is far too much for a comfy ride lol .. 7mm i have on mine and its about spot on

Gearbox oil is changer every year and no leaks anywhere :)

The coilovers were adjusted exactly the same..except the front is 10mm lower for handling. My height marker is from the bottom of the rim (between tyre and alloy) to the arch taken by measuring tape on flat surface.

Check that bolt first dude, see if it makes any difference to the effort needed to change gear.

Has it ever had a clutch change do you know? If the bit point is low the clutch may be worn. Is the pedal heavy too? 

Just had a read of a thread on Piston heads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=5&t=801720

Some good info there mate. Another thing to research before buying a clutch! Got money saved up for a timing belt this year so will have to use that for this repair :(

I'm going to change the clutch fluid on Saturday after work and see how that goes. A guy in my work has a couple of spare slave cylinders so he will bring them in as he is also working Saturday.

He mentioned that he has TWO decent spare clutches from a DC2 lying around. I asked how much for him to do clutch and he said "make me an offer". So I said £50 all in for parts and fitting....he was happy at that! So if I need a clutch then it can be sorted with a decent clutch. I have never fitted a second hand clutch but he insists that it was not original from factory as someone had replaced it and then crashed the car. So it may have only a few thousand on it! saves me a bob or two!

Normally I wouldn't entertain a second hand clutch, but I guess you can see it in person and make your own mind up, if it's as new as your mate says it'll probably be alright, if the fluid and/or slave cylinders don't help anyway.

Normally I wouldn't entertain a second hand clutch, but I guess you can see it in person and make your own mind up, if it's as new as your mate says it'll probably be alright, if the fluid and/or slave cylinders don't help anyway.

I agree mate, if it is the clutch away then I think I will just buy a new one at £100. I would be always thinking if the clutch will hold on roadtrips but also, when it comes time to sell, I don't want someone driving about in a clutch that has half it's life. I care that way you see! :)

Got my car in last night and checked the clutch fluid.....

20150205_193325.jpg

So quickly bled and changed it with Mercedes Benz prime Dot 4 fluid (FOC)    :)

I had a go at adjusting my clutch pedal to get rid of excess play but struggled with the nut. Ended up taking off the master cylinder was the easier option. The cylinder had play in the rod and was sweating slightly. Need a new master cylinder then. 

Adjusted it anyway but pedal still felt the same and struggled to get 4th gear on roadtest. Exhaust then blew at the same time.

So Friday morning will be spent at Dingbro buying a new clutch master cylinder and then travelling through Glasgow rush hour traffic to my mates work to do a temp exhaust repair. Will book it into my usual exhaust place later as I want it all done proper. Waiting time for exhaust place is usually 2-3 weeks :(

Got my car in last night and checked the clutch fluid.....

20150205_193325.jpg

So quickly bled and changed it with Mercedes Benz prime Dot 4 fluid (FOC) :)

I had a go at adjusting my clutch pedal to get rid of excess play but struggled with the nut. Ended up taking off the master cylinder was the easier option. The cylinder had play in the rod and was sweating slightly. Need a new master cylinder then.

Adjusted it anyway but pedal still felt the same and struggled to get 4th gear on roadtest. Exhaust then blew at the same time.

So Friday morning will be spent at Dingbro buying a new clutch master cylinder and then travelling through Glasgow rush hour traffic to my mates work to do a temp exhaust repair. Will book it into my usual exhaust place later as I want it all done proper. Waiting time for exhaust place is usually 2-3 weeks :(

Must be the time of year for exhaust troubles... My centre section had gone, and yesterday i called the place i wanted to take it to (where I got the sports Cat from) and asked what their lead times are.

He said in looking at the second week in..... July :shock: plan b needed :(

I know... He did that pause as well and i thought he was going to say March, and i was thinking... Hmm can i hold out till then? When he said July i almost laughed.

They do do some awesome stuff and crazy vehicles there.

http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/

Was a big American pick up, a single seater race car, and some other random classic cars there when I got the sports Cat done. The deck seemed well out of place.