Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

I hope it'll soot up and quieten down a bit more, but I think it's just wishful thinking.

Just trying to find that compromise between being quiet and quick lol

Standard pipe FTW here! :lol:

Thanks Nik.

I can't see the centre pipe staying long tbh.  Time to find another option.

Sports cat is what will be going on mine when I can scrape the readies together, can't be bothered swapping out a decat every year for MOT.

I know what you mean.  Ideally I'd like a nice 4-2-1 manifold, sport cat, 2.5" stainless and back box, where it all flows nicely and quietly.  I can imagine I'll be playing about with things for a while until I get it right.

We're lucky here in Northern Ireland with cats though.  Pre-2001 can go through MOT without a cat as long as they pass the emissions test.

What about a resonated centre pipe like you had before but larger, say 2.25" inner diameter? Still better flow than original but less noise and rasp? (Hopefully)

Yeah I'm having a hoke online for something now.  The ones on eBay look quite short.  I'd need to re-measure the one that I took off the car, but from what I can gather, the longer the better.

I found a poll on civiclife just there though where the majority of owners actually prefer a raspy exhaust.

ce15a9bc286026c14a6c8d278af727bca641abd8

• Like 2

Yeah I'm having a hoke online for something now.  The ones on eBay look quite short.  I'd need to re-measure the one that I took off the car, but from what I can gather, the longer the better.

I found a poll on civiclife just there though where the majority of owners actually prefer a raspy exhaust.

ce15a9bc286026c14a6c8d278af727bca641abd8

Most of them are probably still in their early twenties :lol:

Car booked in to replace all the fuel and brake lines.

I've to wait until the 9th June though as the mechanic says it's a big job and requires the fuel tank off for the brake lines.  Anyone done it before and know how much of an @rse it is to do?